Contribute
Register

[Fix] Unable to change DVMT settings Dell AMI BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
mine is also same pc.. but cant not get writeromfile from exe file
it goes into the next line and nothing happens.. ive read that dell disabled that option with microsoft c++ 6.0 overlay,
can please provide me the original rom file? please

mine is also same pc.. but cant not get writeromfile from exe file
it goes into the next line and nothing happens.. ive read that dell disabled that option with microsoft c++ 6.0 overlay,
can please provide me the original rom file? please
You can use AMI Firmware Update Utility to save the ROM (remember to use the AptioV edition).
However, I did successfully extract ROM with /writeromfile. The ROM was in the same folder with exe file.

You can use AMI Firmware Update Utility to save the ROM (remember to use the AptioV edition).
However, I did successfully extract ROM with /writeromfile. The ROM was in the same folder with exe file.
it worked but whenever i try to flash i get error 18 unable to start secure flash session, am running with administrative rights

it worked but whenever i try to flash i get error 18 unable to start secure flash session, am running with administrative rights

it worked to flash but it seems nothing unlocked on the bios, the dvmt will be unlocked via uefi shell?

EDIT:

I Finally got it working, i had tried with bios A07 but i made a mistake because i selected wrong variable was the second one, i just updated to A08 and also followed your steps to unlock again to change dvmt, then went to efi shell and change var in my case was setup_var 0x229 0x3 i signed in windows and i saw a dvmt change then logged in to el capitan with 0x16160002 and voila i got QE/CI

Awesome

Also i changed the wifi because it was not compatible, and i switched to an AR9285 that i had on my girlfriends laptop, then i activated Ethernet via RTL81xx kext i needed to activate the keyboard and trackpad with vodoops2 i just need to get it working the battery on the bar and the sound.

I am now at 10.11.4 and i plan to update to 10.11.6 and then to macOS sierra.

Looking forward to get my laptop with awesome dualboot. if any had this laptop and have some issues you can ask me i will try to help you.

Greetings

Last edited:
Hi, It is wonderful.
I apply this method to my Dell Inspiron 7557 laptop with Windows 10, and success!
But there is a little difference. After I flash the BIOS Rom which put my laptop into "Manufacturing Level", I cannot go back to the "Normal Mode" by hitting FN+X instantly at the first reboot. However, after I cut down the power of my laptop, and plug the power adapter again, the laptop turns on itself before I push the power button. And then, it was take into the "Normal Mode" by hitting FN+X, and never go back to "Manufacturing Level".
Now everything looks OK under Windows 10, Ubuntu 16.04 and Macintosh except the fan control of this laptop.
Thank you very much!

it worked to flash but it seems nothing unlocked on the bios, the dvmt will be unlocked via uefi shell?

EDIT:

I Finally got it working, i had tried with bios A07 but i made a mistake because i selected wrong variable was the second one, i just updated to A08 and also followed your steps to unlock again to change dvmt, then went to efi shell and change var in my case was setup_var 0x229 0x3 i signed in windows and i saw a dvmt change then logged in to el capitan with 0x16160002 and voila i got QE/CI

Awesome

Also i changed the wifi because it was not compatible, and i switched to an AR9285 that i had on my girlfriends laptop, then i activated Ethernet via RTL81xx kext i needed to activate the keyboard and trackpad with vodoops2 i just need to get it working the battery on the bar and the sound.

I am now at 10.11.4 and i plan to update to 10.11.6 and then to macOS sierra.

Looking forward to get my laptop with awesome dualboot. if any had this laptop and have some issues you can ask me i will try to help you.

Greetings

Hello, please give me a file for the firmware BIOS of my dell 3543

There is no way i could do that on my Inspiron 5558 i3 5005U, i get the error message Invalid command line /writeromfile in the CMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back