Contribute
Register

Fix SSD/HDD slow boot Mavericks (DSDT Free)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z77A-G43
CPU
Intel I5 3570K @ 4.4GHz
Graphics
Palit Nvidia GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
When I decided to test OSX 10.9.1 on my PC I installed it on HDD and my boot time was somewhere around 1.30 mins. When I decided to make it my primary OS I installed it on my SSD, the boot time went from 1.30 mins to ~45-50 secs, still too slow.

The solution to fix this was to add in org.chameleon.Boot.plist this:
Code:
<key>SystemId</key>
<string>...</string>

Replace the ... with the "Hardware UUID" found at System report:

Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 0.35.53.png

My boot speed went from ~50 secs to ~5 secs, the OS X load is almost instant.
Hope it helps.

PS: If the topic is in the wrong section please feel free to move it in the correct one.

+1 From me :thumbup:

I too had circa 45 seconds boot time on OCZ Vertex 450 128 GB SSD. After Neohq's plist addition it's now around 5 seconds!

thank you Sir.

Im sry noob here, but i didnt find system id written anywhere in org.chameleon.... so that i could fill he UUID below it. Do i have to insert it myself, if yes where exactly. It boots up loading lot of white text on blackscreen. Wiers is that after the OSXsecurity update, today, i no longer have trackpad...Thank you! sry my pc keyboard can't find right comas*marks etc.

org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
</dict>
</plist>

So I've done this as well. rebooted, app store and imessage working but then I realized that my UUID in AMM changed after the reboot.o_O

EDIT : Tried again. The UUID changed after the reboot, but the boot time is fast.. so not sure what is happening and if that's normal.

First image is when I edited my plist, and the 2nd is after reboot

Screen Shot 2014-04-24 at 11.47.35 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-04-24 at 11.49.29 AM.png

Hope this helps someone......

I thought that the fix detailed in this thread had sorted my slow boot as first few times after I had v quick boot, but it returned.

For me, it was my DVD drive causing the issue. I found by chance that when I disconnected it, boots were super quick despite the drive not selected in BIOS at all as a boot device. I purchased new Optiarc drive Here and problem solved. Been running for 7 days now and system is flawless. Ten second boot every time.

May be worth checking any peripherals you have (disconnecting them) to see if this solves your issue. My brother had exact same prob and it turned out to be internal card reader for him.

Hi, where should i put that code string??
my boot up time was the same when i tried under legacy logo..:banghead:

- - - Updated - - -

have you solved the problem with boot up speed??

wow

frist of all i could not belive it but after i try it
it's work with me

new time for booting :
HDD 30 to 35 sec
SSD 7 sec

thank u so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back