Contribute
Register

Fix/solution for "Selected Mac OS X Installer is incomplete"

I get the following error after all the above commands were used. This is a new issue I haven’t encounter in prior uses of the above commands.

Cpio: Failed to set file flags.

This is probably leading to the "macOS could not be installed on your computer. An error occurred while loading the installer resources" error I have.

Attachments

• 76B621C9-EE0A-4FBF-A194-9A4A0FAE0263.jpeg
    76B621C9-EE0A-4FBF-A194-9A4A0FAE0263.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 598
This is probably leading to the "macOS could not be installed on your computer. An error occurred while loading the installer resources" error I have.

I went through the process to get the full installer from the 22mb one, and also through the workaround for the "macOS could not be installed on your computer. An error occurred while loading the installer resources" error.

I never saw the "Failed to set file flags" error.

Give it a try maybe, and get back to the thread to let people if it works or not.

I went through the process to get the full installer from the 22mb one, and also through the workaround for the "macOS could not be installed on your computer. An error occurred while loading the installer resources" error.

Give it a try maybe, and get back to the thread to let people if it works or not.

Ok so I was using a Sierra system to download the High Sierra install but that got me the stub installer only. So I borrowed a friend's Mojave system and downloaded High Sierra. You can't find it by searching from within the App Store but Apple provides links to the App Store that allows you to download older versions of MacOS. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201475 I followed the link to High Sierra from within a Mojave system and was able to download the full installer.

How do you solve the "macOS could not be installed on your computer. An error occurred while loading the installer resources" error?

Was hitting this error by using this process to get the full installer.

How do you solve the "macOS could not be installed on your computer. An error occurred while loading the installer resources" error?

Was hitting this error by using this process to get the full installer.
If you have any other drives then you should try disconnecting them while you install.

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile

chkfung, try this...

Thanks guys. I've been installing macOS on hackintoshes for a while and I've never had to go into Terminal to complete the install. This thread was very helpful.

Another thing I had to do different this time was convert my downloaded Install macOS from the Apple Store from a "stub" install file (22 mb) to a complete install file (6 gb) so I could make my Unibeast install USB. I used this thread to fix that:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cted-mac-os-x-installer-is-incomplete.249330/

Is that process the cause of the problem in this thread?

Beginning of thread...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ur-computer-installer-resources-error.263961/

Had been trying removing all my drives, including dvd drive and secondary hdd, but none working for me.
In the end, I manage to solve this by adding the following steps in this guide:

1. Open Install Mac Os Mojave USB
2. Show package content on the installer file
3. Open Contents/Shared Support folder
4. Rename InstallESDDmg.pkg to InstallESD.dmg
5. Use Xcode to edit InstallInfo.plist
6. Change the following info in Payload Image info
- URL : InstallESD.dmg
- id : com.apple.dmg.InstallESD
p/s: I also removed chundlistURL and chunklistid in Payload Image Info, try to remove this 2 fields as well if the above step not working, didnt try with chunklistURL and chunklistid

It works for me, hope it helps someone :)

I had troubles by downloading Mojave installer. Its size was smaller and I need to copy files as shown in this thread but the installation always fails with the same error as @MacLargo previous post.

I then update to the latest High Sierra, and after that, the installer has the full size. Prepared the USB with Unibeast and installation finishes successfully.

Same case as @MacLargo.

Back