Contribute
Register

Fix/solution for "Selected Mac OS X Installer is incomplete"

Maybe other users find this information helpful.

I followed the guide step by step. The installation of the USB install disk was successful with Unibeast under macOS Sierra 10.12.0. But after that, the installation of macOS High Sierra will abort immediately with the error code:

macOS could not be installed on your computer.

An error occurred while loading the installer resources.
Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again.
My only option left was to update to Sierra 10.12.6 and download the full copy via App Store.

This. I also found the same problem, this guide doens't work to installing high sierra. You've to update do sierra then download through Apple Store

Hey guys,
I'm successfully booting into the Mac OS Installer. I'm able to select my hard drive and start installing High Sierra on to it. However it freezes around the 3/4 mark and then reboots. (Pic attached)

Anyone out there know possible causes for this kind of thing?

Attachments

• IMG_6055.JPG
    IMG_6055.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 399
Works perfectly. Was able to create an install file for High Sierra 10.13.5

For those having problems, please follow the OP's directions exactly as written.

Hi toro86,
Thank you very much for the Guide.
I am totally a Mac newbie and following your guide let me clear the "Selected Mac OS X Installer is incomplete" issue and proceed to create bootable USB flash with UniBeast.

I did all the steps, and have a 5.21GB installer folder in "macOS Install Data".

I ran the commands given, however the installer package in my "Applications" folder is still only 22mb or so.

What am I doing wrong?

after that my folder is only 150mb.
anyone with same problem or a idea?

I’m getting an error halfway through the installation, it says “An error occurred while loading the installer resources “.
For more info here’s the forum link explaining the issue I’m facing -: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ur-computer-how-can-i-get-around-this.255064/

I was seeing this same issue installing to an NVMe PCIe SSD. Switched to a SATA SSD and it worked perfectly.

i3 8350
Asrock z370
GTX1060
Samsung EVO970 (NVMe) *won't install*
Samsung EVO950 (SATA)

Back