Contribute
Register

Fix/solution for "Selected Mac OS X Installer is incomplete"

Toro,

Any idea what I should change in the command lines for Mojave? essentially had the same problem but your fix worked until I got to the command lines.

Thanks in advance!
Same Here pls someone help with Mojave!

Toro,

Any idea what I should change in the command lines for Mojave? essentially had the same problem but your fix worked until I got to the command lines.

Thanks in advance!

Same Here pls someone help with Mojave!

mkdir /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/SharedSupport

cd /macOS\ Install\ Data

pwd

/macOS Install Data

find . -mount | cpio -pvdm /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/SharedSupport/

I tried this for Mojave. It seemed like everything worked but I still have only 22.8 Mb in the Application/Install Mojave file.

Below are my "Macintosh HD /macOS Install Data" files in Finder and my terminal session. Can anyone see my mistake?

One thing I was curious about was the "IncompatibleAppList/pkg"

Terminal.png

Macintosh HD>maOS Install Data.png

UPDATE

A couple of odd things happened to me that may help someone else. BTW, I am preparing the USB drive on a mini running Mavericks, so some of these issues could be related to my computer rather than the process.

I was worried that I would not be able to quit the install program at the restart point, so I made a USB 2 external hard drive the target for the install data. That was extremely slow, but worth it because when the install program came to restart point, it had an automatic count down to restart and no way to close or quit the install program. I solved that by turning off the computer. From there, because the data was on the external drive, I could start the computer with the external drive disconnected to make sure the install program wasn't running.

Of course, I had to copy the install data folder from the external drive to the Macintosh HD root before running the terminal commands.

As noted above, I ran the terminal commands and it appeared to work correctly, but my Finder was reporting that Applications/ Install macOS Mojave had only 22.8 Mb. After some checking, I decided to copy the folder onto a spare drive and found that the copy had 6 Gb registered during the copy process. After the copy completed, it reported 22.8 Mb again. Strange.

I decided that the data must be there, even if not reported, and I went ahead with Unibeast which completed successfully. I hope this helps someone else if they run into similar issues.

Now it's on to try installation.

Either through the menu or Command + Q

the keys are being registered, terminal just doesn't show them; I'm guessing for "security" reasons.
Just type it as you normally would, and hit enter. If you entered it correctly with no typos, the script will run.

Maybe other users find this information helpful.

I followed the guide step by step. The installation of the USB install disk was successful with Unibeast under macOS Sierra 10.12.0. But after that, the installation of macOS High Sierra will abort immediately with the error code:

macOS could not be installed on your computer.

An error occurred while loading the installer resources.
Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again.
My only option left was to update to Sierra 10.12.6 and download the full copy via App Store.

I am facing the exact same problem. Exept that, I'm on Mountain Lion and I can't update from the system's tool AND, the Appstore won't let me download twice considering it's already installed as shown on my SC

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 19.44.40.png

Any tip?

I am facing the exact same problem. Exept that, I'm on Mountain Lion and I can't update from the system's tool AND, the Appstore won't let me download twice considering it's already installed as shown on my SC

View attachment 363512 ...

Any tip?
Check your applications folder and delete install Mojave if it’s there and 22mb. If it’s the full 6gb then compress it to save and delete the original. Then try downloading again.

Check your applications folder and delete install Mojave if it’s there and 22mb. If it’s the full 6gb then compress it to save and delete the original. Then try downloading again.

Originally I had the 22mb that I made the full 6gb by using the console. When trying to delete the installer prior to your advice, I made it disappear from the app folder putting it through the bin. However, at every boot of the OS, the installer drive shows up on the desktop (not showing up in the app folder)...

Originally I had the 22mb that I made the full 6gb by using the console. When trying to delete the installer prior to your advice, I made it disappear from the app folder putting it through the bin. However, at every boot of the OS, the installer drive shows up on the desktop (not showing up in the app folder)...

Go to top tool bar and select Finder scroll to Preferences and select Hard Disks The disk will appear on the desktop. Click on disk and look for MacOS install data. Delete it to get rid of the install tab on desktop if you already have it installed.

Thanks Gigamaxx. No luck though, the app store still sees the mojave "installed". maybe do I need to restart?

However, I eventually managed to install Mojave on a partition on my SSD. New problem, clover doesn't to load... I opened a thread.

Back