Contribute
Register

Fix/solution for "Selected Mac OS X Installer is incomplete"

Motherboard
ASUS H110S1
CPU
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600 CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Graphics
Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
cd /Applications/Install \macOS\Mojave.app\Contents\SharedSupport
No -
cd /Applications/Install\ macOS\ mojave.app/Contents/SharedSupport

Motherboard
Intel DQ77MK
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android
How large is the installer after the process you detailed? I tried it and it choked when it got to 111GB or so because it ran out of free space on my SSD.
just incase anyone else gets this, the given command copies everything from the directory where you are, so its possible you forgot to:

cd /macOS\ Install\ Data

i got distracted and ended up running it from root dir !

i also ran into a permission denied problem - maybe just the way my machine is set up, so i inserted a couple of sudos...

sudo find . -mount | sudo cpio -pvdm /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/SharedSupport

this solved the problem for me :)

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
I7-6700
Graphics
Hd-530
Hi
I have a macbook Air that i used two years ago to get Sierra through MAS. Then following the guides i was able to create Sierra Hackingtosh. But now, due to incompatibility issues with somes apps i need for work, i have to downgrade to El Capitan, but for now MAS offer Catalina as the only upgrade available. So i downloaded El Capitan from apple support link (they offer old OSX via official links). a huge file (5.8GB) named installMacOs.dmg that i ran in the macbook air that puts a 6.2GB install osx el capitan in applications folder. Unibeast (6.2) yields "selected mac osx installer is incomplete". If a use create install media method and adding the clover bundled with unibeast to usb installer, with this usb the installation of El capitan stops while remaining 1 minute to complete telling the installer is bad. I compared with original install sierra installer and found that el capitan installer lacks a MAS folder inside. Tried also to atach user of MB air to my apple id (maybe this way signs the web downloaded installer) and doesnt let me. Tried also the changing dates solution.
Help!
Thanks
(sorry my bad english)

Last edited:

Gigamaxx

Motherboard
GIGABYTE X470 Arous Gaming 7 WiFi
CPU
Ryzen R9 3900X
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
Hi
I have a macbook Air that i used two years ago to get Sierra through MAS. Then following the guides i was able to create Sierra Hackingtosh. But now, due to incompatibility issues with somes apps i need for work, i have to downgrade to El Capitan, but for now MAS offer Catalina as the only upgrade available. So i downloaded El Capitan from apple support link (they offer old OSX via official links). a huge file (5.8GB) named installMacOs.dmg that i ran in the macbook air that puts a 6.2GB install osx el capitan in applications folder. Unibeast (6.2) yields "selected mac osx installer is incomplete". If a use create install media method and adding the clover bundled with unibeast to usb installer, with this usb the installation of El capitan stops while remaining 1 minute to complete telling the installer is bad. I compared with original install sierra installer and found that el capitan installer lacks a MAS folder inside. Tried also to atach user of MB air to my apple id (maybe this way signs the web downloaded installer) and doesnt let me. Tried also the changing dates solution.
Help!
Thanks
(sorry my bad english)
If you have a usb to Sata adapter you can directly load the software onto an external disk then add clover to it for the Hackintosh. Just be very careful and slow to select the proper disk (during install and with clover) maybe name the external “new” disk you can change it later after the install.

Motherboard
ga-h87m-d3h
CPU
Intel Core i5 4570
Graphics
ASUS GTX750Ti 2Gb
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi all, I'm stuck at the select os screen on unibeast: "selected Os installer is incomplete".
I downloaded the sierra installer to my macbooc pro late 2011 running sierra from the store.
I have a copy of InstallOs and did the process that created on the App folder, a 5,03gb Install MacOS Sierra file.
Then opened multibeast and here it cames the error.
I also did what you suggested in post #1, but the error persist.
Could anyone help me?
Thank you

Motherboard
ga-h87m-d3h
CPU
Intel Core i5 4570
Graphics
ASUS GTX750Ti 2Gb
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
I'm trying to unibeast sierra, non High Sierra. Is it ok anyway??
And, of course, I'm triyng to create a bootable media for my hackintosh machine...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Have you try with HighSierra I know you have macbooc pro late 2011 but have you try ?

Motherboard
EP45T-UD3P
CPU
Q9550
Graphics
ATI 5870
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
delete

Thank you

Last edited:
Motherboard
10.9.χ
CPU
quad core 2.4
Graphics
Gigabyte 650 gtx
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
for the issue Selected Mac OS X Installer is incomplete just change the date to 2012 and it's gonna be ok