Contribute
Register

Fix Sleep on Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have pretty much the same issue. My Hackintosh always wakes up from sleep randomly. I already tried each darwake-option, but none worked really well (some not at all some better). Wake reason is pretty much always the same.

I hope someone could help me. I attach my Clover folder and the Screenshot of the latest Wake Reasons.

Edit: Mac Version is 10.12.6

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-19 um 17.59.12.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-19 um 17.59.12.png
    102.3 KB · Views: 180
  • CLOVER.zip
    11.7 MB · Views: 87
Hi, I would like to share my solution for a wake up black screen issue:
My PC spec is:
  • Skylake CPU with ASUS B150M-K motherboard
  • Nvidia GTX970 Graphics card, with Intel HD530 disabled
  • Dell P2415Q monitor connected by DisplayPort
  • Using NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
And my problem is that:
  • Sleep OK, wake up will be a black screen. This happens on macOS Sierra and High Sierra.
  • If I turn off and on the display once, then all subsequence sleeps work OK.
  • Or, if I wake up the PC within 2 - 3 seconds after it goes to sleep, then all subsequence sleeps work OK.
Finally, my solution is adding ngfxpatch=pikera to the boot flag. It means that "kext patch replacing board-id with board-ix", which is the old method discovered by Pike.

The idea comes from here: https://sourceforge.net/p/nvidiagraphicsfixup/tickets/3/.

Last edited:
hi VioletDragon [hi all],
can u pls look into my setup ... i can't sleep...proper shutdown [it restarts few sec after]
tnx

....or any1

Attachments

• Cristi’s iMac.zip
    9.9 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
would appreciate help on sleep issue. I have implemented cpu PM, igpu pm seems to not be working and doesnt seem like there is a solution as per other thread.

computer will enter sleep, but will not wake up. tried various dark wake setting all doesnt work. attached EFI and ioreg. please advise what I should be looking at and how to fix if possible. thanks.

running 10.13.3

Attachments

• efi.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 97
  • revmacioreg.ioreg
    11.6 MB · Views: 150
Hi, I would like to share my solution for a wake up black screen issue:
My PC spec is:
  • Skylake CPU with ASUS B150M-K motherboard
  • Nvidia GTX970 Graphics card, with Intel HD530 disabled
  • Dell P2415Q monitor connected by DisplayPort
  • Using NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
And my problem is that:
  • Sleep OK, wake up will be a black screen. This happens on macOS Sierra and High Sierra.
  • If I turn off and on the display once, then all subsequence sleeps work OK.
  • Or, if I wake up the PC within 2 - 3 seconds after it goes to sleep, then all subsequence sleeps work OK.
Finally, my solution is adding ngfxpatch=pikera to the boot flag. It means that "kext patch replacing board-id with board-ix", which is the old method discovered by Pike.

The idea comes from here: https://sourceforge.net/p/nvidiagraphicsfixup/tickets/3/.
This worked for me. Thank you so much.

I also have problems with sleep rebooting instead of waking. I have generated SSDT with ssdtPRgen and using Nvidia Web Driver, although it is the same with OSX graphics driver. Would be obliged if someone could take a peak at my configs and let me know if I can fix this.
Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• archive.zip
    725.7 KB · Views: 151
Hi, everyone. I've searched for answers and this thread seems to be the most relevant. Sleep (and virtually everything else) works great on my Thinkpad T61 running El Capitan, but Sleep doesn't work with Sierra 10.12.6. When I attempt to Sleep by pressing Fn-F4, the screen blacks, but the system doesn't sleep and I can't wake it. The only way to recover is to force shutdown with the power button. My problem report files are attached. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help.

• Clover (Legacy) 4439
  • SMBIOS MacBook Pro 6,1

Attachments

• Problem Report.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 134
I am having the same issue. (Sleep for few seconds then wake...). I am having iMac14,2.
my ioreg file is attached. Thanks!

Attachments

• cmqqiu iMac.ioreg
    9.9 MB · Views: 187
I am having the same issue. (Sleep for few seconds then wake...). I am having iMac14,2.
my ioreg file is attached. Thanks!
With El Capitan, I fixed the "instant wake problem" by applying @RehabMan's USB patch (in my case, the 0x0d patch): https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/tree/master/usb.

That is not the problem I have with Sierra, so our problems are different. In my case, when I try to sleep with Sierra, the screen blacks, but the laptop never sleeps completely and I can't unblack the screen. I have to force a shutdown with the power button to recover.

With El Capitan, I fixed the "instant wake problem" by applying @RehabMan's USB patch (in my case, the 0x0d patch): https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/tree/master/usb.

That is not the problem I have with Sierra, so our problems are different. In my case, when I try to sleep with Sierra, the screen blacks, but the laptop never sleeps completely and I can't unblack the screen. I have to force a shutdown with the power button to recover.

Edit: Sleep started working perfectly after I deleted sleepimage and `pmset hibernate mode 0`

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back