Contribute
Register

Fix Sleep on Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
renaming EHC1 to EH01, EHC2 to EH02 is for USB 2.0 to bypass Apples 15 Port Limit. From looking at the Downloads section your board has a DSDT. Which BIOS version do you have?
The latest the greatest, U1J(UEFI BIOS). I'm not using DSDT. Used to, prior to UEFI upgrade. Then moved to Clover and UEFI. Resurrected my Mavericks, it works well with Clover too. Can't make the final upgrade step to Sierra, since can't make it sleep.

The latest the greatest, U1J(UEFI BIOS). I'm not using DSDT. Used to, prior to UEFI upgrade. Then moved to Clover and UEFI. Resurrected my Mavericks, it works well with Clover too. Can't make the final upgrade step to Sierra, since can't make it sleep.

You'd be better staying with Legacy BIOS. UEFI on Series 6 is buggy.

For now for me it works better than F10. It kept be reset after every reboot and every sleep attempt on Sierra with all possible fixes enabled in Clover. I can generate DSDT with Clover, can't I?

I have the same problem -- wake then panic

ioreg and latest panic log attached

Mobo: asrock Z170 pro4
CPU: Core i7 6700K no OC
RAM: Crucial DDR4 16G
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II 960G
HDD: WD Blue 7200 RPM 1 TB

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    11 MB · Views: 100
  • Kernel_2017-03-20-172702.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Whatever I'm staying with, is it possible to use Clover DSDT hotpatches (like I used to rename EHC1 to EH01) to remove USB3.0-related branches?

Whatever I'm staying with, is it possible to use Clover DSDT hotpatches (like I used to rename EHC1 to EH01) to remove USB3.0-related branches?

Yes. But you will need to compare DSDTs i.e use the DSDT which is for Legacy BIOS to compare the clean DSDT.

Yes. But you will need to compare DSDTs i.e use the DSDT which is for Legacy BIOS to compare the clean DSDT.
OK, I generated DSDT with Clover and removed all possible cross links regarding PR05 and PR06 from it. My USB3.0 ports are not working now in Sierra, so looks like I've determined it right. But the sleep issue persists: everything goes to sleep except for CPU fan and power LED. Can you have another look on DSDT and ioreg?

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    34.6 KB · Views: 121
  • k-pax.ioreg
    3.1 MB · Views: 97
Hi Violet Dragon, I can't get sleep working either and I think it's partially connected to the fact that neither ApppeLPC or X86Platformplugin are loaded. Any idea how to fix that?

Attachments

• Upload 4.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 103
OK, I generated DSDT with Clover and removed all possible cross links regarding PR05 and PR06 from it. My USB3.0 ports are not working now in Sierra, so looks like I've determined it right. But the sleep issue persists: everything goes to sleep except for CPU fan and power LED. Can you have another look on DSDT and ioreg?

You could try removing PR05, PR06 from DSDT but may not work. Don't have experience with 3rd party USB 3.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back