Contribute
Register

Fix Sleep on Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I bought a GTX960 for the sole reason to have working sleep for my skylake build (as HD530 is a hopeless case).

I installed the card and all the applicable patches from here:
https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Series-100-Patches

I installed the SSDT-LPC.aml as well.

Still, when I try to sleep, my computer reboots. I believe there are two issues:
First, it wakes up immediatly:
Drivers Failure panic during wake due to XHC(XHC),RP07(AirPort_Brcm4360),RP09(HackrNVMeController),GLAN(IntelMausi):

Then, it crashes:
panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff7f9626327e): NVRM[0/1:0:0]: Read Error 0x00070000:
Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
com.nvidia.web.NVDAResmanWeb(10.1.5)

I tried the usual darkwake boot args, I also disabled wake on lan, but still no luck.

Attached is my ioreg. Thanks for any help.

ACPI isn't patched. Ioreg shows AppleLPC is loaded so is X86PlatformPlugin. XHC requires to be patched.

I face the same problem.
My hackintosh works. It goes into sleep (Fans stop spinning).
When I press a key on the keyboard, it starts spinning again.
Monitor seems to recognize something, but it stays black and then restarts.

Sierra: 10.12.3
SMBIOS: 14,2

I ran those commands in Terminal:
Code:
Huy-Longs-iMac:var longy$ pmset -g log | grep -i failure
2017-01-30 16:38:32 +0100 Failure                 Drivers Failure during wake due to GFX0(),SAT0(),HDEF():                               
2017-01-30 17:43:44 +0100 Failure                 Drivers Failure during wake due to GFX0(),SAT0(),HDEF():

Huy-Longs-iMac:~ longy$ pmset -g | grep hibernatemode
hibernatemode        0

It seems some error with my drives?
@VoiletDragon
You mentioned something about SATA and SAT0.
Is that the same for me?

I haven't applied any SSDT or DSDT, haven't touched that topic yet.

Attachments

• CLOVER from EFI without Themes.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 90
  • IOReg.ioreg
    6.7 MB · Views: 122
My browsers bug out after sleep, is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Attachments

• ioreg+clover.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 82
I face the same problem.
My hackintosh works. It goes into sleep (Fans stop spinning).
When I press a key on the keyboard, it starts spinning again.
Monitor seems to recognize something, but it stays black and then restarts.

Sierra: 10.12.3
SMBIOS: 14,2

I ran those commands in Terminal:
Code:
Huy-Longs-iMac:var longy$ pmset -g log | grep -i failure
2017-01-30 16:38:32 +0100 Failure                 Drivers Failure during wake due to GFX0(),SAT0(),HDEF():                            
2017-01-30 17:43:44 +0100 Failure                 Drivers Failure during wake due to GFX0(),SAT0(),HDEF():

Huy-Longs-iMac:~ longy$ pmset -g | grep hibernatemode
hibernatemode        0

It seems some error with my drives?
@VoiletDragon
You mentioned something about SATA and SAT0.
Is that the same for me?

I haven't applied any SSDT or DSDT, haven't touched that topic yet.

Correct. SATA comes under SAT0 in ioreg. You will need add Change change SAT0 to SATA. look at acpi_dsdt_patches.plist just drag and drop using Xcode. AppleLPC isn't loaded neither is SMBUS. XHC isn't patched. https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Series-100-Patches

Oh so that's what you mean by ACPI not being patched. After adding all the SSDTs and all the patches (even the ones that are obviously not needed, like gfx0 and sat0), still no luck with sleep.

Thanks anyway.

Not true. SATA comes under SAT0 which isn't correct. SATA needs to come under SATA not SAT0.

I have 0 sata devices, as I only use one nvme ssd, and I disabled the sata controller in my BIOS entirely. Do I still need the sata rename patch?

I don't have nothing with NVMe. Better to talk to RehabMan. I don't think it's supported officially probably don't help things.

Correct. SATA comes under SAT0 in ioreg. You will need add Change change SAT0 to SATA. look at acpi_dsdt_patches.plist just drag and drop using Xcode. AppleLPC isn't loaded neither is SMBUS. XHC isn't patched. https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Series-100-Patches

Thanks for helping me out.

I tried the following:
I added to my config.plist under ACPI/DSDT/Patches: "change SAT0 to SATA" from your repo.
I also added: SSDT-LPC.aml, SSDT-SATA.aml, SSDT-SMBUS.aml, SSDT-XHC.aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

But still the same: Restart upon wake.

But the failure is a little bit different now. It says something about IntelMausi
Code:
2017-02-04 14:43:54 +0100 Failure                 Drivers Failure during wake due to GFX0(),SATA(),HDEF(),GLAN(IntelMausi):

Attched my clover.zip and ioreg.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 91
  • ioreg.ioreg
    6.9 MB · Views: 159
Thanks for helping me out.

I tried the following:
I added to my config.plist under ACPI/DSDT/Patches: "change SAT0 to SATA" from your repo.
I also added: SSDT-LPC.aml, SSDT-SATA.aml, SSDT-SMBUS.aml, SSDT-XHC.aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

But still the same: Restart upon wake.

But the failure is a little bit different now. It says something about IntelMausi
Code:
2017-02-04 14:43:54 +0100 Failure                 Drivers Failure during wake due to GFX0(),SATA(),HDEF(),GLAN(IntelMausi):

Attched my clover.zip and ioreg.

SSDT are useless without change _DSM to XDSM. Where are the other SSDTs? you've not followed what i said correct. If you look at the log you attached its complaining about GFX0,SATA,HDEF, GLAN(IntelMausi).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back