Contribute
Register

Fix Sleep on Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing has changed. Do you thing I should set my system definition to 13,1 since my cpu is a Ivy Bridge CPU? I've uploaded an updated ioreg as well. Thanks!

Ioreg looks fine. Although not quite sure on why your using GenericUSBXHCI it isn't needed as your motherboard has Intel USB 2 & 3. Changing SMBIOS will not make much difference.

I deleted the GenericUSBXHCI from /L/E folder, rebooted and still won't sleep. I have it as you gave it to me with Darkwake=8 but I've tried it with Darkwake=no, =1, =2, =3, =4, =8, =10. Still no success. I'm about to give up on this sleep thing before it drives me crazy.

I deleted the GenericUSBXHCI from /L/E folder, rebooted and still won't sleep. I have it as you gave it to me with Darkwake=8 but I've tried it with Darkwake=no, =1, =2, =3, =4, =8, =10. Still no success. I'm about to give up on this sleep thing before it drives me crazy.

Id recommend to look in the Logs in Console.

Id recommend to look in the Logs in Console.
Since I have no clue what I'd be looking for, I have attached the log. Also, I had to place genericUSB back in /l/e because without it my USB 3.0 stopped working.

Attachments

• system.log.zip
    111.6 KB · Views: 98
Since I have no clue what I'd be looking for, I have attached the log. Also, I had to place genericUSB back in /l/e because without it my USB 3.0 stopped working.

From looking at the log. Sleep problem looks like to be a disk issue. USB 3 probably isn't working due to BIOS settings.

Code:
Jan 28 12:50:14 Lerimers-iMac-2017 logd[55]: Flushing contents to disk due to sleep event
Jan 28 12:54:43 Lerimers-iMac-2017 logd[55]: Flushing contents to disk due to sleep event
Jan 28 12:57:48 Lerimers-iMac-2017 logd[55]: Flushing contents to disk due to sleep event
Jan 28 13:03:28 Lerimers-iMac-2017 logd[55]: Flushing contents to disk due to sleep event
Jan 30 00:43:46 Lerimers-iMac-2017 logd[55]: Flushing contents to disk due to sleep event
Jan 30 00:53:27 Lerimers-iMac-2017 logd[55]: Flushing contents to disk due to sleep event
Jan 31 13:27:15 Lerimers-iMac-2017 logd[55]: Flushing contents to disk due to sleep event
Jan 31 13:29:52 Lerimers-iMac-2017 logd[55]: Flushing contents to disk due to sleep event

I only have 2 Drives Both of which are SATA drives. The main one is a 512GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. I will look into my BIOS and see what I can find in regards to my USB setup.

xHCI is one that needs to be checked also XHCI Hand-off & EHCI Hand off. Recommend changing xHCI to enabled and XHCI, EHCI to enabled but test without GenericUSBXHCI.

XHCI Hand-off & EHCI Hand off were enable, but xHCI was set to auto. I also enabled it and now my USB's work without the GENERICUSB.KEXT. Sleep however is still not working.

I think it could be a Disk issue with Sleep thats what the logs are saying. Im out of ideas maybe try on a test drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back