Contribute
Register

Fix Sleep on Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
What am i meant to be doing here? You already have a patched DSDT.

I thought you could help me with my Sierra always waking up from sleep, I thought the steps would help the solving process.

I thought you could help me with my Sierra always waking up from sleep, I thought the steps would help the solving process.

Wake from sleep can be caused by anything. But from looking at the DSDT USB is patched. You have implemented Native Powermanagement. But on instant wake up the machine should go back to sleep.

Wake from sleep can be caused by anything. But from looking at the DSDT USB is patched. You have implemented Native Powermanagement. But on instant wake up the machine should go back to sleep.

Alright. Thanks for checking my system, now I know that it is apart from the sleeping in a good state.
I'll try to figure out what the issue is.

Last edited:
Attach ioreg & Clover folder from EFI removing Themes ZIP attach. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

My Hackintosh is fully functioning except this one problem. After sleep/waking it will no longer play streams on Twitch.tv. Everything else is still functional including audio, YouTube, etc. This happens in both Safari and Chrome browsers (only browsers I use). Also post sleep/wake Twitch.tv seems to bug these browsers out because when I first try to shutdown I get the message that either Chrome or Safari is preventing the shutdown, it will eventually work but this is the notification I get initially.
I am using darkwake=0, Inject ATI (for my RX 480). If there's any other information that I can provide to help get to the root of the problem please let me know.

I've attached my ioreg and Clover folder, would appreciate any help.

Attachments

• ioreg+clover.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
My Hackintosh is fully functioning except this one problem. After sleep/waking it will no longer play streams on Twitch.tv. Everything else is still functional including audio, YouTube, etc. This happens in both Safari and Chrome browsers (only browsers I use). Also post sleep/wake Twitch.tv seems to bug these browsers out because when I first try to shutdown I get the message that either Chrome or Safari is preventing the shutdown, it will eventually work but this is the notification I get initially.
I am using darkwake=0, Inject ATI (for my RX 480). If there's any other information that I can provide to help get to the root of the problem please let me know.

I've attached my ioreg and Clover folder, would appreciate any help.

Sleep problems are most likely to be caused by having a ATI Radeon card. Powermanagement for some Radeon cards is broken.

I haven't been able to get my machine to sleep ever since mountain lion. It never slept in El Capitan nor is it sleeping now with Sierra. My setup is a GA-Z77X-UP4 TH motherboard with a Nvidia GTX970 GPU a i7 3770K Over clocked at 4200 which I think that my Hack doesnt recognize since in about this Mac it still says 3.5 GHz. I have used all of the Darkwake configs from =0 to =10 and when I had El Capitan it would go to sleep for 3 seconds and wake up with fan at full blast and I could keep on using it, now with Sierra, when I put it to sleep it goes to sleep for 3 seconds, wakes up with fans at full blast... but the monitor never wakes up and I have to end up reseting the machine. Attached is the IOReg file, any input would greatly be appreciated.

Attachments

• Lerimer’s iMac 2017.ioreg
    5.9 MB · Views: 93
I haven't been able to get my machine to sleep ever since mountain lion. It never slept in El Capitan nor is it sleeping now with Sierra. My setup is a GA-Z77X-UP4 TH motherboard with a Nvidia GTX970 GPU a i7 3770K Over clocked at 4200 which I think that my Hack doesnt recognize since in about this Mac it still says 3.5 GHz. I have used all of the Darkwake configs from =0 to =10 and when I had El Capitan it would go to sleep for 3 seconds and wake up with fan at full blast and I could keep on using it, now with Sierra, when I put it to sleep it goes to sleep for 3 seconds, wakes up with fans at full blast... but the monitor never wakes up and I have to end up reseting the machine. Attached is the IOReg file, any input would greatly be appreciated.

From looking at ioreg doesn't look like you have patched ACPI. When overclocking you need to disable EIST in the BIOS in order for OS X to see you're Overclock.

From looking at ioreg doesn't look like you have patched ACPI. When overclocking you need to disable EIST in the BIOS in order for OS X to see you're Overclock.
Thanks for Replying back. I will look at the BIOS to see if I can find the EIST and disable it. About patching the ACPI, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks for Replying back. I will look at the BIOS to see if I can find the EIST and disable it. About patching the ACPI, can you point me in the right direction?

Press F4 at Clover boot, Attach Clover from EFI removing Themes ZIP attach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back