Contribute
Register

Fix Sleep on Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks all for the help.. finally the problem was a usb bluetooth dongle in usb3 port.. move to 2.0 and all work fine again.

I had issue with waking on my Z170x Gaming 5 and GTX980. It would just display black screen and restart after a few minutes. I added the boot arg darkwake=0 and so far it seems to have fixed the problem. I'll have to test it overnight to see how it does for long periods of sleep.
darkwake=0 also useful for me. Thx

asus maximus vi impact
GTX980 ti

I had the same problem with GTX960 OC in Sierra. Sleeps creates a panic and the system restarts.
I made some changes and solved it partially.

1) modified com.apple.Boot.plist and added darkwake=3
2) remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from clover 10.2 folder

This way works all except if I set the wifi wake up in energy preferences.

Hope this help.

NOTE: I have Mac 6,1 definition for my system. Didn't try with others

I have only one slider with Power settings. I use iMac 14.2 SMBIOS. Only a slider for Monitor will sleep after x minutes. I have used systemdefinition for MacPro 5.1 for years and always had two sliders. Is it right that there is only one slider on Mac 14.2 systemdefinition? I use Darkwake=8 b.t.w and Power NAP enabled.

I have only one slider with Power settings. I use iMac 14.2 SMBIOS. Only a slider for Monitor will sleep after x minutes. I have used systemdefinition for MacPro 5.1 for years and always had two sliders. Is it right that there is only one slider on Mac 14.2 systemdefinition? I use Darkwake=8 b.t.w and Power NAP enabled.

Powernap causes issues with sleep on some motherboards recommend disabling it. Attach ioreg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

I have it disabled now. My Mac sleeps wel now since than. Here is my ioreg. May be you will find some unknown troubles? I have found that it is normal to have only one slider since Haswell Mac's.

Attachments

• Gerald's Mac Pro.ioreg
    5 MB · Views: 259
I have it disabled now. My Mac sleeps wel now since than. Here is my ioreg. May be you will find some unknown troubles? I have found that it is normal to have only one slider since Haswell Mac's.

Ioreg looks fine. If sleep is working fine then theres no need to worry about anything.

I'm having this same problem on mine after upgrading to Sierra. Sleep will blank the monitor, but the computer never seems to shut down. It wakes up just fine.
Same issue, tried with darkwake=0 and 3, same results. Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back