Contribute
Register

Fix Sleep on Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know darkwake also can be used with other values like darkwake=8 or 10 that seem to work for others, however I'm not sure what they exactly do for sure. The closet thing I could find was the info below, although I cannot confirm its accuracy:

darkwake=0 -> Power Nap Disabled
darkwake=1 -> Power Nap Fully Enabled (System fully wakes. Fans on, monitors on, Hourly)
darkwake=8 -> Power Nap Enabled (System Fully wakes, sometimes monitor come on, sometimes not [don't know why]
darkwake=10 -> Power Nap Enabled (Fans & monitors do not come on, system.log show the times that the computer woke from sleep. Time Machine Backup are performed hourly in sleep mode)

Src: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299222-is-power-nap-possible-for-hackintosh/page-2

For my own personal issue I have tested sleep extensively and that seemed to fix my issues completely for even sleep > 12 hours.

darkwake=0 solved my problem

I tried MacPro 5,1 as well as iMac 14,2 Mac Pro definition works well for I7 turbo mode my CPU can go up to 3900 but on iMac definition system stuck with 3500 turbo mode is not enabled. I have to put computer in to sleep and waken up than only works.

my problem is .. it sleep fine , but after a couple seconds it awake .......

I'm having the same issue. My machine goes to sleep and then wakes immediately. Anyone have any solutions?

my problem is .. it sleep fine , but after a couple seconds it awake .......

You guys are not alone, but my issues came after the 10.12.1 update. Have tried everything as well; Removed CodecCommander, updated USBOverdrive, swapped around USB devices, double checked Energy Saver settings, yet nothing helps. I did absolutely nothing in terms of installing software and hardware between the original release of Sierra and the update.

:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back