Contribute
Register

Fix Sleep on Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an ASUS Hero VIII motherboard and haven't been able to get sleep working on Sierra (10.12.6). I have the same issue that a lot of users here are having - my monitor turns off, but the fans are still spinning.

I tried using some of the patched ACPI files in this thread and that resulted in me not being able to boot into OSX anymore. I needed to boot to Windows, mount my EFI partition, and remove the ACPI files I added under EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

Can you help me out? I attached my CLOVER which is working 100% for me right now except sleep mode. Thanks!!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 90
  • ioreg.ioreg
    5.5 MB · Views: 104
@austinw, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I have an ASUS Hero VIII motherboard and haven't been able to get sleep working on Sierra (10.12.6). I have the same issue that a lot of users here are having - my monitor turns off, but the fans are still spinning.

I tried using some of the patched ACPI files in this thread and that resulted in me not being able to boot into OSX anymore. I needed to boot to Windows, mount my EFI partition, and remove the ACPI files I added under EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

Can you help me out? I attached my CLOVER which is working 100% for me right now except sleep mode. Thanks!!

Native Powermanagement is implemented. USB Configuration is not implemented correctly. Take a look at [Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions | tonymacx86.com

Native Powermanagement is implemented. USB Configuration is not implemented correctly. Take a look at [Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions | tonymacx86.com

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I followed the guide here, and added USBInjectAll.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and SSDT-USB-Maximus-VIII-Hero.aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. I still am experience the same sleep issues where my fan is still on. Please see attached. Thanks!

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    5.4 MB · Views: 118
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 109
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I followed the guide here, and added USBInjectAll.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and SSDT-USB-Maximus-VIII-Hero.aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. I still am experience the same sleep issues where my fan is still on. Please see attached. Thanks!

Config is a mess. Not looked at anything else.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
WORKAROUND

So, the other day I went to the Apple Store and complained about my Hackintosh won't stay in sleep mode and they told me I'm a retard. Back at home I tried every darkwake number but nothing helped. But luckily I found a workaround for my needs:
I plug in an external 3,5' HDD with Power Adapter. I eject the Drive in macOS but the disk keeps rotating. In this state I click on "Sleep" in the menu - after about 10 seconds the Hackintosh and the HDD goes to sleep AND STAYS in sleep mode as long as the HDD is connected.
Important: When I wake up the computer again, I have a black screen until I click with the mouse or press a button on the keyboard!
Also I've tried different HDD's (those which sucks their energy only from the USB), but sleeping works only with the one which needs Power Supply.
Maybe other people here can try this workaround, too and tell here if they had success.
Btw, the story with the Apple Store was a joke.
Have a nice day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back