Contribute
Register

Fix Sleep on Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by "ZIP attach", I don't see anything attached to your reply.
P.S. sorry for my ignorance, I haven't been doing this for a long time.

You need to attach the files. After pressing F4 at Clover boot. Copy Clover folder to the desktop, right click compress attach.

You need to attach the files. After pressing F4 at Clover boot. Copy Clover folder to the desktop, right click compress attach.
Ah!! I see. I'm at work now and wont be able to do it till the AM. I will follow your instructions and attach the compressed file here. Can I mount the EFI partition and send you that clover folder, or do I need to do it by pressing F4 on Boot? And about disabling EIST, is that the same as disabling intel virtualization technology?

Ah!! I see. I'm at work now and wont be able to do it till the AM. I will follow your instructions and attach the compressed file here. Can I mount the EFI partition and send you that clover folder, or do I need to do it by pressing F4 on Boot? And about disabling EIST, is that the same as disabling intel virtualization technology?

You need to Press F4 at Clover to extract clean Native ACPI files. To disable EIST the option is in the BIOS.

Here is the file. Thanks again!!

Try this. Replace the config with the one in attachments. DSDT goes in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. Note you have not implemented native Powermanagement. (Inject intel) has been removed from config make sure that IGPU is disabled in the bios.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    40.3 KB · Views: 159
  • config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 266
Still doing the same. It'll sleep for 3 seconds and boot back up with fans full blast... I tried to change the Darkwake from =no all the way to =10 and still the same issue. About native power management..... I don't know how to implement it. I used multicast to add NullCPUPowerManagement.kext... but that did n make a difference either so I deleted it from /L/E folder.

Still doing the same. It'll sleep for 3 seconds and boot back up with fans full blast... I tried to change the Darkwake from =no all the way to =10 and still the same issue. About native power management..... I don't know how to implement it. I used multicast to add NullCPUPowerManagement.kext... but that did n make a difference either so I deleted it from /L/E folder.

NullCPUPowermanagement isn't needed with Clover. Recommend removing it and generating a SSDT. Not implementing Native Powermanagement doesn't help sleep at all. Follow Quick Guide to Generate a SSDT for CPU Power Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back