Contribute
Register

[Fix] Resolve boot screen garble

Quite a lot of people here have a display garble/scramble when El Capitan (and Yosemite) boots up.
This happens when the progress bar shows and disappears when the desktop displays.

This patch, courtesy of lisai9093 and ceckpawon (insanelymac), will lessen the severity.

The patch should be entered into config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch.

Comment: Boot graphics glitch, 10.10.x/10.11.x (credit lisai9093, cecekpawon)
Name: IOGraphicsFamily
Find: <01000075 17>
Replace: <010000eb 17>

This patch is already present, but disabled, in the plist files available from my Clover guide.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html.

You can read more about disabled patches and how to enable them in post #2 of the linked guide.

As it looks in XML inside the plist file:
Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>Boot graphics glitch, (credit lisai9093, cecekpawon)</string>
    <key>Disabled</key>
    <true/>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>AQAAdRc=</data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>AQAA6xc=</data>
</dict>
</array>

I provide the XML just as reference. It is not a good idea to edit a plist with a text editor. Always use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

Note: By enabling CSM or legacy boot (continue to boot UEFI), the severity of the glitch can be further reduced.

--

This post is based on the original by the-darkvoid for Yosemite: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/145308-fix-resolve-boot-screen-garble.html
Thx m8! Works like a charme!

Yes! It's work perfect! (in my case i3-4130 hd 4400)

Code:
<key>FakeID</key>
<dict>
            <key>IntelGFX</key>
            <string>0x04128086</string>
</dict>

Hello, I have a Lenovo T410s with the following specs
IOS 1.50 | i5-520M 2.4Ghz vPro| 4GB DDR3 | Intel HD GMA 5700MHD, 1440x900 | Rebranded Dell DW1510 |
Mavericks installs and runs perfectly. El capitan goes to a Garbled screen after the Apple progress bar. See pic
I have attached the config.plist to this post.
I tried the IOGraphics patch with no success.
The mouse seems to work but on the garbled screen.

Attachments

• IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 294
  • config.plist
    4.2 KB · Views: 359
Hello, I have a Lenovo T410s with the following specs
IOS 1.50 | i5-520M 2.4Ghz vPro| 4GB DDR3 | Intel HD GMA 5700MHD, 1440x900 | Rebranded Dell DW1510 |
Mavericks installs and runs perfectly. El capitan goes to a Garbled screen after the Apple progress bar. See pic
I have attached the config.plist to this post.
I tried the IOGraphics patch with no success.
The mouse seems to work but on the garbled screen.

Your problem is not related to the topic in this thread. Open a separate thread. And your profile is not filled out...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Will this work on Desktop ?

I have used it on my NUC/BRIX desktops. I find it is not needed on my DH67BL desktop. You can try it and see what happens.

Does this solve the problem in Sierra?
I've tried but not working :(

Does this solve the problem in Sierra?
I've tried but not working :(

So Yes it was doing it on my clean install or Sierra, but one day it just fixed its self, I have one dell 30" monitor and two 27"s problem has gone away on its own :/

Back