Contribute
Register

[Fix] Resolve boot screen garble

so as of yesterday , mine fixed it's self somehow :/ Not sure what happened, but its been fixed.....

Hi and thanks for supporting to all of us.
I have this problem with my mackintosh (the garble boot screen) and I think that my config.plist is right View attachment config.plist
I tried to do what you said about changing the BIOS settings (Legacy and UEFI at the same time) but everytime I do it I loose the clover bootloader (and in consequence, I can't boot the Mac OS X), so I only can use the "Only UEFI" boot option (I don't know if I can solve this, I'm really lost).
I also have put the patch like you said and there's no difference, but other than the boot option problem (to solve the boot screen garble), my mackintosh works properly. Do you know how to solve it?
Thanks in advance.

Hi and thanks for supporting to all of us.
I have this problem with my mackintosh (the garble boot screen) and I think that my config.plist is right View attachment 182704
I tried to do what you said about changing the BIOS settings (Legacy and UEFI at the same time) but everytime I do it I loose the clover bootloader (and in consequence, I can't boot the Mac OS X), so I only can use the "Only UEFI" boot option (I don't know if I can solve this, I'm really lost).
I also have put the patch like you said and there's no difference, but other than the boot option problem (to solve the boot screen garble), my mackintosh works properly. Do you know how to solve it?
Thanks in advance.

You need to enable CSM (sometimes bundled with legacy boot) but keep UEFI. And keep "UEFI first".

Okay so now I achieved having both at the same time (the UEFI and Legacy boot), I have the patch and i also put the UEFI first as you said, do I miss something? And referring to enabling the CSM, that is what I done now?
I still have the boot screen problem :/.
Thank you again

Okay so now I achieved having both at the same time (the UEFI and Legacy boot), I have the patch and i also put the UEFI first as you said, do I miss something? And referring to enabling the CSM, that is what I done now?
I still have the boot screen problem :/.
Thank you again

The patch does not completely eliminate the glitch. Your expectations may be better than reality.

It's true that it's just a little glitch without importance, thank you anyway :)

Thanks for this Patch. It saves my HD 530.

But it shows some defects at the top-left of the Figure below: right apple bar disappears, but still click-available.

Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 3.29.04 PM.jpg

Thanks for this Patch. It saves my HD 530.

But it shows some defects at the top-left of the Figure below: right apple bar disappears, but still click-available.

Off-topic. This topic covers only the boot time glitch.

Works like a charm .. thank you @RehabMan:clap:

Back