Contribute
Register

[Fix] Resolve boot screen garble

I just fixed on my HDMI monitor by injecting the patch, but I still have that problem on my second DVI monitor.

Did you enable legacy/CSM in BIOS?

IMG_3943.jpg

I am booting with Boot Mode Selection UEFI and Lecagy if you are asking for that

Yes... that is often useful in reducing the severity of the glitch. Note that the fix mentioned in post #1 is only a partial fix.

Yes... that is often useful in reducing the severity of the glitch. Note that the fix mentioned in post #1 is only a partial fix.
Maybe the problem is related to my DVI monitor is duplicating everything on HDMI monitor during the boot, from the Gygabite logo to the end of the boot at the desktop?
IMG_3945.JPG

Maybe the problem is related to my DVI monitor is duplicating everything on HDMI monitor during the boot, from the Gygabite logo to the end of the boot at the desktop?
View attachment 165595

And the fact that this fix is only partial. I don't think it addresses the root problem.

Quite a lot of people here have a display garble/scramble when El Capitan (and Yosemite) boots up.This happens when the progress bar shows and disappears when the desktop displays.This patch, courtesy of lisai9093 and ceckpawon (insanelymac), will lessen the severity. The patch should be entered into config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch.Comment: Boot graphics glitch, 10.10.x/10.11.x (credit lisai9093, cecekpawon)Name: IOGraphicsFamilyFind: Replace: This patch is already present, but disabled, in the plist files available from my Clover guide.http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html.You can read more about disabled patches and how to enable them in post #2 of the linked guide.As it looks in XML inside the plist file:
Code:
KextsToPatch	Comment	Boot graphics glitch, (lisai9093, cecekpawon)	Find	AQAAdRc=	Name	disabled:IOGraphicsFamily	Replace	AQAA6xc=
I provide the XML just as reference. It is not a good idea to edit a plist with a text editor. Always use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.Note: By enabling CSM or legacy boot (continue to boot UEFI), the severity of the glitch can be further reduced.--This post is based on the original by the-darkvoid for Yosemite: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/145308-fix-resolve-boot-screen-garble.html
Unfortunately i can't get how to edit config.plist , i have downloaded plistedit pro also but i got no idea to where to start. Can you please help me RehabMan?

Unfortunately i can't get how to edit config.plist , i have downloaded plistedit pro also but i got no idea to where to start. Can you please help me RehabMan?

Open it with a plist editor (PlistEdit Pro or Xcode). Simple double click once you have the software loaded.

Open it with a plist editor (PlistEdit Pro or Xcode). Simple double click once you have the software loaded.

i found 3 config.plist in my laptop:
1- Clover EFI/ EFI/ CLOVER
2- Clover EFI/ EFI/ CLOVER/ OEM/ SystemProductName
3- Clover EFI/ EFI/ CLOVER/ OEM/ SystemProductName/ UEFI

Which one should i edit?

edit: i found out that only one of the three has the disabled patch in it, so i enabled deleting "disabled:" as written in your post, but i still have screen issues.
Also installed FakePCIID and FakePCIID HD Graphics kexts but still no improvements

Back