Contribute
Register

[Fix] Resolve boot screen garble

[GUIDE] Resolve boot screen garble

The first post was already updated yesterday after Rehabmans comment.

As mentioned the 2nd line in his post still contained an error "IOGraphicsFamily" instead of "IOGraphicsFamily.kext"

First post should be ok.

Ludacrisvp, thank you for testing out the binary file patches.

The first post was already updated yesterday after Rehabmans comment.

As mentioned the 2nd line in his post still contained an error "IOGraphicsFamily" instead of "IOGraphicsFamily.kext"

First post should be ok.

Ludacrisvp, thank you for testing out the binary file patches.

First post is still wrong. 'perl -pe' does not work. Must be 'perl -i -pe'... Or 'perl -pi -e'

Everyone should just use Clover :think:.
Updated as per your recommendation.

I use Clover, fix works but not very fine: a little garble still remains

For the record there is still very minor display corruption during boot even with this binary patch but its much much better than it was...
However, I am just blaming it on the Lenovo display setup and not providing enough pre-allocated memory to the display so it doesn't line up with Apple specs so I have minor display issues until I re-login or restart the "loginwindow" process after auto-login to force a logout/login to happen again to fix the issues.

is there a shorter dummies guide to using clover for those that are a little comfortable with chameleon/chimera? or a what you need to know coming from legacy bootloaders.

is there a shorter dummies guide to using clover for those that are a little comfortable with chameleon/chimera? or a what you need to know coming from legacy bootloaders.

Thre is the ProBook guide, filtered appropriately, of course.

Eventually, I'll put up a generic guide. It is in process.

Thre is the ProBook guide, filtered appropriately, of course.

Eventually, I'll put up a generic guide. It is in process.
RehabMan hi,
I installed the blackIOGraphicsFamily.kext patched into yosemite cause i replaced clover with Chameleon(had lots of issues) and then installed your kernel 10.10 patch from your guide (working like charm).
Now i have no glitches while booting up yosemite at all

RehabMan hi,
I installed the blackIOGraphicsFamily.kext patched into yosemite cause i replaced clover with Chameleon(had lots of issues) and then installed your kernel 10.10 patch from your guide (working like charm).
Now i have no glitches while booting up yosemite at all

You probably could have used slide=0 with your Clover install...

Back