Contribute
Register

[Fix] Resolve boot screen garble

[GUIDE] Resolve boot screen garble

Try different ig-platform-id values. (you're currently using 0a260000).

i was running at a scaled resolution 1440x810 (1920x1080 is native).
The patch works for me at native with 0a26000(the only a26 that works), 0a160000, and 0a2e0008.
i can't use scaling from lower scaled resolutions to native(native to lower works) with the patch because the whole screen will tear. without the patch scaling works fine.
it also fixed one boot logo problem to reveal another boot logo problem.

i was running at a scaled resolution 1440x810 (1920x1080 is native).
The patch works for me at native with 0a26000(the only a26 that works), 0a160000, and 0a2e0008.
i can't use scaling from lower scaled resolutions to native(native to lower works) with the patch because the whole screen will tear. without the patch scaling works fine.
it also fixed one boot logo problem to reveal another boot logo problem.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'scaling'?? You should focus only on whether QE/CI is working reliably. After you have that working any resolution can be added...

I'm not sure what you mean by 'scaling'?? You should focus only on whether QE/CI is working reliably. After you have that working any resolution can be added...
well why tell me to try other id's. if i didn't have a reliable QE/CI. i would have said i don't. this patch breaks scaling for me regardless of the id. and only fixed the the boot logo somewhat.

well why tell me to try other id's. if i didn't have a reliable QE/CI. i would have said i don't. this patch breaks scaling for me regardless of the id. and only fixed the the boot logo somewhat.

As far as we know, this patch only affects the boot process. If it causes other issues for you, then don't use it. I hope you figure your issue out.

here it is

BTW, One thing I notice that may be related. You don't have backlight control implemented with ACPIBacklight.kext (and related DSDT patches).

BTW, One thing I notice that may be related. You don't have backlight control implemented with ACPIBacklight.kext (and related DSDT patches).
well it works fine with just dsdt patches. slider works, brightness keys are up-(pause) and down-(Fn+pgup) with OSD

there is one ssdt im not using and it contains DPLY with brightness controls

well it works fine with just dsdt patches. slider works, brightness keys are up-(pause) and down-(Fn+pgup) with OSD

I'm not sure which DSDT patches you're using, but there is a certain advantage to using "Brightness Fix (Haswell)" from: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch. It does some additional initialization of Intel GPU PWM backlight control registers to better match what OS X expects (I suspect more could be done along these lines).

And there are additional features you gain by using ACPIBacklight.kext, including a greater range of backlight control not possible without either patching AppleBacklight.kext or building an AppleBacklight "injector" kext. AppleBacklight uses a dictionary to look up known display vendor/product-ids. Yours won't be found and so it uses a rather poor default.

Your call though...

Quite a lot of people here have a display garble/scramble when Yosemite boots up.
This happens when the progress bar shows and disappears when the desktop displays.

This can be resolved with a Clover EFI patch:

Note that this should only be applied on OS X 10.10, so if you multi-boot with Mavericks add it to your custom entry instead of to the main kext patches.

Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
    <dict>
        <key>Comment</key>
        <string>Second Stage Patch 1</string>
        <key>Find</key>
        <data>hcB0XUg=</data>
        <key>Name</key>
        <string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
        <key>Replace</key>
        <data>McB0W0g=</data>
    </dict>
    <dict>
        <key>Comment</key>
        <string>Second Stage Patch 2</string>
        <key>Find</key>
        <data>QYjE6wM=</data>
        <key>Name</key>
        <string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
        <key>Replace</key>
        <data>QYjE6yM=</data>
    </dict>
</array>

I found these patches over in the Clover EFI bootloader thread in an attachment, so credit goes to the original author.

This didn't work for me any ideas?

how to use this script? just add to config.plist?

Back