Contribute
Register

[Fix] Resolve boot screen garble

[GUIDE] Resolve boot screen garble

You probably could have used slide=0 with your Clover install...
too late now my hero, i was with this issues for 2 days i lost boot loader somehow and every time i try to boot i had no configurations in config.plist but I'm sure i had it configured well and was using it since dp3 or dp4. anyhow i lost it now i replace it with chameleon/chimera.
After installing chameleon i made changes to Extensions kexts but when i tried to rebuild caches after fix permissions MaciASL said in the log box that no more tries available u used it all !!!
weird so i used Kext wizard to rebuild caches

You probably could have used slide=0 with your Clover install...

What does that mean slide=0...I finally got clover going but want to get rid of that boot tearing.

What does that mean slide=0...I finally got clover going but want to get rid of that boot tearing.

It is a kernel security feature (kernel sliding) that varies the address where kernel is loaded. Using slide=0 will keep it from sliding.

It is a kernel security feature (kernel sliding) that varies the address where kernel is loaded. Using slide=0 will keep it from sliding.

Over my head on that.:roll2: Back to basic that patch in post1 where does it need to go in config file or some other file with a patcher.

Over my head on that.:roll2: Back to basic that patch in post1 where does it need to go in config file or some other file with a patcher.

It goes in config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch

It sort of worked but the tearing is much shorter now but still visible and present. Any real actual fix down the line?

Hi all. I tried this patch to solve the garble at boot screen (in my case everything is ok until 35-40%, then the screen turns black, the loading bar reappears and quickly loads the rest and then it fades into the login screen) and an issue that makes the screen turn off at once when it goes in sleep mode, but I'm not sure that this patch affects also sleep. After the patch is applied, at boot it normally loads until 35-40% and then the screen turns black until the login screen. How can I solve this? Many thanks :)

Back