Contribute
Register

Fix NVIDIA Web Driver in macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using Sierra 10.12.6 I am getting blinking lines on the screen what to do I am using zotac GT 710 graphics card 2GB I install the correct Nvidia web driver but no use

I have successfully installed Sierra 10.12.6 I am getting blinking lines on the display what to do I installed correct Nvidia web driver but no use what to do?

I can confirm this also works on 10.12.6 (16G1114)

Just place relevant system version.

Hi folks,

If you're struggling to get the drivers working with Pascal cards in 10.12.6. especially with newer boards like the Asus Z270 Prime A, I am happy to announce that I've had relative success. These are some of the changes you'll need to make in order to boot successfully:

sierra-display.png

BIOS
Advanced Settings > CPU Configurations > VT-d - Disabled
Boot > CSM Compatibility Support Module > Launch CSM - Enable
Boot > CSM Compatibility Support Module > Boot Device Control - UEFI and Legacy OPROM
Boot > CSM Compatibility Support Module > Boot from Storage Devices - UEFI
Advanced Settings > Boot > Above 4G Decoding - Enabled
(This is crucial to getting past the plus signs on boot up)

Advanced Settings > System Agent (SA) Configuration > Graphics > Primary Display > Auto
(Auto setting should work in most situations until first set of Nvidia alternate drivers is installed where you should then use PEG.

Clover Configurator
Boot > darkwake, dart=0, kext-dev-mode-1
Devices > Fake ID > 0x0 (fill this in all fields)
Devices > Add Properties > Device - IntelIGFX
Devices > Add Properties > Key - AAPL,GfxYTile
Devices > Add Properties > Value - 00AAAAA00
Devices > Add Properties > Value Type - Data
Graphics > Inject Intel & add ig-platform-id 0x5912000 (use this if having difficult booting, remove after installing Nvidia driver. Also make sure all fields are unchecked under Graphics once first set of Nvidia drivers are installed)
RT Variables > Change CSRActiveConfig to 0x67 and BooterConfig to 0x28
System Parameters > Check Nvidiaweb and Inject System ID
Drivers > Add Emuvariableuefi
NVRAM > Check NVRAM emulation and select Boot Volume
Kernel and Kext Patches >
sierra-patch.png

Install procedure:

1) After installing Sierra and/or Clover and Multibeast onto the boot drive, with the Nvidia card removed boot using Unibeast 10.12.6 stick into your drive using the following arguments > verbose, safe mode slide=0, nv_disable=1, debug=0x100 (Don't panic at reboot) using Intel HDMI port. You should be able to boot into Sierra and then install the first set of Nvidia alternate drivers (WebDriver-378.05.05.25f01 to WebDriver-378.05.05.25f04) and the latest Lilu.kext, Nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext and Intelgraphicsfixup.kext into /S/L/E using Kext Beast or Kext Utility. Also install clover v.2.4_ r4318, and under select Customize and select to install the EmuVariableUefi-4 and the optional RC script to the boot drive. After the installs, shut down the system, and physically install the Nvidia card with power cable.

2) Boot using Nvidia card on HDMI port on your drive. If necessary boot using PEG option in BIOS. Using normal boot option it should boot straight into the system. If it doesn't, select Verbose, slide=0, darkwake=0 or verbose, slide=0, nv_disable=1 and darkwake=0. Add debug=0x100 if further boot problems occur.

3) Boot into OSX and update OSX to the next update and install corresponding Nvidia alternate driver update. Select Nvidia to boot with Web Driver in the taskbar. Restart system.

4) Repeat step 2 until WebDriver-378.05.05.25f03 and WebDriver-378.05.05.25f04 are installed.

Last edited:
Ctrl-O (WriteOut) is not working when i click Ctrl-O (WriteOut) it ask me to open new file !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back