Contribute
Register

Fix NVIDIA Web Driver in macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you need to Edit the "Distribution" file within the package using the Flat Package Editor.
If you adjusted and updated the "Distribution" file and package correctly you will be able to install the Nvidia Web Drivers.
After you installed the Nvidia Web Drivers modify the NVDAStartupWeb.kext to force the older drivers to load.
See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...2-3-16025a-beta-releases.212798/#post-1420204

I just do it. Really I can install the driver but now I have this message:

Captura de pantalla 2017-07-20 a las 21.07.42.png

Captura de pantalla 2017-07-20 a las 21.23.25.png

I just do it. Really I can install the driver but now I have this message:
Did you modify the NVDAStartupWeb.kext?
If you did, select NVIDIA Driver Manager > Graphics Drivers > NVIDIA Web Driver and reboot

When we try and to fix this with the suggested terminal commands... there are a long series of operations which say "Operation not permitted" over and over and over again.

Is this a clue as to why the commands are not working for us?
Anyone?
I notice you are using a Mac Pro.... I've got the exact same problem and I'm also running on a genuine Mac Pro tower..... I'm wondering if this fix is only working for people running Hackintoshes?

j9.

I notice you are using a Mac Pro.... I've got the exact same problem and I'm also running on a genuine Mac Pro tower..... I'm wondering if this fix is only working for people running Hackintoshes?

j9.
could be...

When we try and to fix this with the suggested terminal commands... there are a long series of operations which say "Operation not permitted" over and over and over again.

Is this a clue as to why the commands are not working for us?
Anyone?
Did you disable SIP (System Integrity Protection)?

Did you modify the NVDAStartupWeb.kext?
If you did, select NVIDIA Driver Manager > Graphics Drivers > NVIDIA Web Driver and reboot

Ok. I just do it. Now the Nvidia web driver is up but the system don't detect correctly my gtx950.

Captura de pantalla 2017-07-20 a las 21.54.10.png
Captura de pantalla 2017-07-20 a las 21.53.37.png
Captura de pantalla 2017-07-20 a las 21.54.33.png
Captura de pantalla 2017-07-20 a las 21.55.29.png
I've Asus vx279 21,5".

Thx helping me

Did you disable SIP (System Integrity Protection)?
That's one thing I didn't try that did actually occur to me too late in the day. (my machine is at my workplace and I'm at home now so can't try it until tomorrow).... Filet, perhaps you can try this and let us (me) know?

Well...after turning off the SIP and restarting immediately brought the card back from the dead. But...do I have to keep the SIP off permanently? (or at least until there's a new driver)?

It didn't work for me... Maybe it depends on Sys Def.. I'm using iMac14,2

Well...after turning off the SIP and restarting immediately brought the card back from the dead. But...do I have to keep the SIP off permanently? (or at least until there's a new driver)?
Until there's a new driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back