Contribute
Register

Fix NVIDIA Web Driver in macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why all this pain!? Just wait a few hours for the real thing!

Lou
Few hours? I'm curious to know how soon after a mac os upgrade do NVidia normally release? (this is my first time waiting on an update), I had assumed it would take weeks, and having accidentally allowed the update I'm now stuck with a machine I can't use.... I'd happily wait if I could have delayed the Sierra update.

I normally would fake it, like I have in the past with other drivers, but this time I'm waiting for the offical release as Ive got a strange menubar bug where it keeps flashing black briefly. Im hoping the update resolves it.

Few hours? I'm curious to know how soon after a mac os upgrade do NVidia normally release? (this is my first time waiting on an update), I had assumed it would take weeks, and having accidentally allowed the update I'm now stuck with a machine I can't use.... I'd happily wait if I could have delayed the Sierra update.
24 to 72 hours after the macOS update release.

24 to 72 hours after the macOS update release.
Only a 1-3 days? I guess i'll just wait patiently then instead of trying to install the 10.12.5 web driver on my 10.12.6 machine.

I uninstall the nvidia drivers and now it will not let me reinstall them. Any solution?
same situation here. Going to wait it out for official driver release I guess!

Just finished my first build literally two hours ago and laughing the absurdity of being unable to use my new graphics card for why I built the machine only to have NVIDIA release a new driver in the time it took to walk my dog around the park.

Happy to be on the bleeding edge with you all, looking forward to digging into this community.

Just finished my first build literally two hours ago and laughing the absurdity of being unable to use my new graphics card for why I built the machine only to have NVIDIA release a new driver in the time it took to walk my dog around the park.

Happy to be on the bleeding edge with you all, looking forward to digging into this community.

Remember, we're still in the "Hack"intosh realm, so it comes with the territory.

We're lucky nVidia still makes drivers and releases so fast.

.6 is definitely going to be the last of Sierra releases....

High Sierra is next.

I have a fresh build, just installed the new 10.12.6 drivers and when I set NvidiaWeb to true I get the "Couldn't allocate runtime area" halt when booting.

Any ideas on what I need to do to get past this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back