Contribute
Register

Fix NVIDIA Web Driver in macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh.

Well, my partner was skeptical of turning this off and now she tried to install a piece of software and it mysteriously is trying to install unrelated Adware software (not even the same company) instead. Very unMac-like behaviour.

Well...after turning off the SIP and restarting immediately brought the card back from the dead. But...do I have to keep the SIP off permanently? (or at least until there's a new driver)?
After disabling SIP, did you have to run through the permissions changes again (that was giving us all the error messages), or did it just start working just after disabling SIP?

I may be able to login to my mac remotely and give it a try.
j9.

We did not have to run permission changes again. I just tried installing the same software on a different system and the installer worked properly. Did turning off the SIP just open this system up to a heap of trouble?

Thank you so much, works 100% perfectly

Does anyone have an estimate on when the next nvidia web driver for 10.12.6 will come out?

I just made my hackintosh today and installed 10.12.6 with multibeast. I don't have the nvidia web driver already installed, so I can't update. Unless there is a way to edit the .pkg installer file to look for a 10.12.6 instead of 10.12.5, or for me to somehow fool the driver into believing that i'm using 10.12.5, I'm stuck.

I just made my hackintosh today and installed 10.12.6 with multibeast. I don't have the nvidia web driver already installed, so I can't update. Unless there is a way to edit the .pkg installer file to look for a 10.12.6 instead of 10.12.5, or for me to somehow fool the driver into believing that i'm using 10.12.5, I'm stuck.
See Post #31

I uninstall the nvidia drivers and now it will not let me reinstall them. Any solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back