Contribute
Register

Fix no sound after sleep on 1150 (and possibly other realtek's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can confirm this works for macOS 10.13.2 after everything else I've tried didn't work. Thanks for sharing the latest kext here
Hello, i'd like to know, except install this kext, are there any other files need to install to get ALC 1150 work?

Thanks!

I have been chasing a solution to this "no sound after sleep" problem since mid 2016. I decided this entire thread had finally provided me with a solution. Since I wanted to get smart about how exactly to use CodecCommander, I starting searching and came upon this link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/329432-alc1150-silent-upon-wake-from-sleep/. Within that was the following post by Randomusername00:

He posted: "I found a "workaround" by switching the speaker connector from the green port ("Internal Speakers") to the black one ("Rear / Line out"). Not sure why that makes a difference, but it does, and makes audio work both before & after sleep. I guess good enough."

I made the switch and it worked for me as well. My speakers are amplified and I needed to turn the volume up only slightly. The sound quality seems about the same between the two outputs. I never believe in cutting corners. However, right now I feel like Randomusername00 does--good enough. The "workaround" has been stable through many cycles of sleep/wakeup using the Sleep Command as well as Sleep via Preferences.

If this helps someone else, Great. If it's not really a solution, I'd appreciate hearing why that is as well.

Jim

I am running 10.13.3, i tried installing in s/l/e and clover/kext/other, none of it works

Thank you for guide! Worked for me on High Sierra. I installed modified CodecCommander.kext on EFI parition (EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other).

I attached modified kext based on latest RehabMan CodecCommander if someone isn't familiar with editing plist file.

Thanks so much! I used EFI Mounter to drop it into the folder. The sound was off at the time. I restarted my machine, let it sleep for a few hours and found that the sound was still working.

I have an MSI H170A PC Mate board that uses ALC887. I'm on 10.13.2.

I spoke too soon. While the audio did work, it only did so on whatever audio solution I had been using when I went to sleep. If I tried changing from "headphones" to "internal speakers," the options to do so were not there. So, if I had been listening on headphones before sleeping, I would only be able to continue listening to headphones upon waking. I'll keep trying to fix this.

Thanks! It works on High Sierra 10.12.6 Gigabyte Motherboard GA-H97-Gaming 3. I've been looking for this fix a long time ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back