Contribute
Register

Fix no sound after sleep on 1150 (and possibly other realtek's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kext should work on motherboards with a similar setup to the Z79mx-gaming 5. If that seems like what you have, go ahead and just try the kext attached first. Install it using kextbeast or similar to S/L/E and set darkwake to 8. (See bottom of post for links)

Thank you so much for your fantastic help! I have perfectly functional audio after sleep with a GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK on macOS Sierra 10.12.2.

Doesn't work for me, i loss my audio at all :( . anybody know how i fixit? i have sierra and gamming 3 motherboard

Thanks, this fix worked with my motherboard. Using darkwake=4 if that matters.

edit: Might have spoken too soon. I get audio back on a 'Line Out' jack in the back of my computer but it no longer automatically switches to my headphones when I plug them into the front jack of my computer. I've been testing and it only seems to reactivate one of my audio outputs and not the other. Seems to prioritize the front jack over the back one.

edit 2: It seems that it can only pickup one of my devices at once either "Internal Speakers" or "Headphones"

edit 3: Fixed the input switching by changing which audio output I use in the back of my machine, but now for some reason, it'll work than go out after a small amount of time.

Last edited:
Sorry I am a little late to this party:
I have sound after sleep issues as well and I do have the Z97MX motherboard.

just for a quick answer here:
I am about to copy the CodecCommander.kext into my S/L/E (not User/Library or anything right?)
there is no current kext named like this, but this should do the trick? if not i should go into my config.plist and edit darkwake=8?
thanks

There's any way to set the audio output manually, from back to front audio plug?

Like, for example, when we press "ALT" in the sound icon, we get both options instead of one?

This would be great for so many reasons, and especially to fix one of my problems that after sleeping, my computer no longer auto-detects the audio channel.

It keeps using the front panel even when unplugged...

Another successful sleep/wake fix: GA-Z170N-WIFI (2.0), I7 6700K,Sierra 10.12.3 (This has a ALC1150) :thumbup:

This is what I have as a working Audio configuration just before fixing the sleep/wake issue. setting a base line:

1. Installing Sierra as per normal Unibeast/Multibeast Sierra installation guide:
2. Audio driver setting ALC1150 + 100 Series Audio (In Multibeast)
3. I am always checking if the clover configurator has: "Audio Inject number to 1"
4. Clover configuration: Darkwake=0 (8 or 4 didn't fix this the sleep/wake issue for me)
3. Sometimes (I have done many re-installs) the audio work immediately (Dunno why), sometimes I have to do
4. From this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.143757/
5. I use Section II, option 1: audio_cloverALC.command.zip
6. Now the audio works but sleep/wake breaks it:

Fixing Recipe:
  1. Download Codeccommander source
  2. Compile with Xcode (Note: May be this procedure also works when editing a precompiled Codeccommander if you struggle with Xcode)
  3. Move to Desktop
  4. Open a terminal window and cd into /Users/xxx/Desktop/CodecCommander.kext/Contents
  5. Edit Info.plist (I use vi)
  6. Search the LAST <key>Realtek ALC1150</key>
  7. Change "Update Nodes" from false to true
  8. <key>Update Nodes</key>
  9. <true/>
  10. Add to /S/L/E with kextbeast
  11. reboot
Info.plist attached for completeness, hope this helps others.
Thanks for the guidance provided in this thread and other treads.This issue was by far the hardest to fix :banghead:

Attachments

• Info.plist
    11.3 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:
Hey mate wanted to give you a update on my success.

Downloaded CodecCommander kext. Saved to Desktop
Downloaded KextBeast and ran program
Computer rebooted then before tested in set Darawake=8 in clover. Saved reset. Tested.

Works perfect
Im running the following
GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
http://amazon.com/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Next fix is thunderbolt now :D
then iMessage and then a video with all of it together :D

After trying numerous fixes without success, including using the CodeCommander.kext, I tried again. Success at last, perhaps because I loaded the kext into /Library/Extensions, not /System/Library/Extensions...

Another option is to disable sleep, or assign a long time before allowing sleep: http://osxdaily.com/2015/02/03/set-...tem-inactivity-from-the-command-line-in-os-x/

That worked for me as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
GA-Z170N-WIFI
ALC1150
on Sierra 10.12.3

Codec enabled using Lilu and AppleALC from InsanelyMac (No clover patches save for HDAS-HDEF and vanilla AppleHDA)
Darkwake=8

Using the prepared kext from first post installed to L/E w/ KextBeast. sudo kextcache -i / after for good measure. Both speakers (green output) and headphones on front jack working beautifully after sleep. Well done, thanks!!

Can confirm this kext just fixed the no audio on wake issues OOB with my GA-Z170MX.

Many thanks tigersoul!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back