Contribute
Register

Fix no sound after sleep on 1150 (and possibly other realtek's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely amazing!
I always say this, big corporations are nothing compared to the thousands and thousands of new geniuses doing cool things.
Thanks Man!

Just like Theuer said - amazing things happen here at tonymac:headbang:
Solved no sound after sleep on:

• Gigabyte Z170-UD3 rev1.0 / i5 6600k
  • darkwake set to 0
  • OS X 10.11.4 Beta 3

Big Thanks go out to @tigersoul925!

thank you for this! I downloaded your CodecCommander.kext file and I opened it with XCode. What is the next step? I'm a very new user, so not quite sure how to Compile in XCode. Do I then need to save the kext anywhere or install it? I also have KextWizard to help me install kexts. Just not sure where to go from here. Thank you for your help!

Does the Codec Commander kext need to be updated for El Capitan? I have installed this kext in the S/L/E folder but I am still not able to get audio to work after sleep. I have my speakers plugged in to the middle port on the bottom row.

Installed the kext using kext beast. I am on el cap 10.11.3. I have the asrock z97itx/ac board with 1150. Mac won't boot now. Tried uninstalling kext from single user mode. Didn't work. Tried locating a kernel panic in verbose mode and don't see anything. Thoughts? Would love to avoid reimage.

Wound up just reinstalling everything. For whatever reason this time the kext install went perfect. I have audio after wake. The only problem is my sleep is now wonky. The screen will go dark, the computer will try to deep sleep and then it's as if something wakes it back up immediately. I tried all the different dark wake settings and that didn't help. Anyone else have this happen?

After many attempts trying to fix it, i just manage to fix it on my El Capitan :D:headbang:

Thanks a lot guys

Many thanks tigersoul925!
Confirmed to work on Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 with OS X 10.11.3

Does the Codec Commander kext need to be updated for El Capitan? I have installed this kext in the S/L/E folder but I am still not able to get audio to work after sleep. I have my speakers plugged in to the middle port on the bottom row.

I have the same problem. I put the kext in the 10.11 folder and tried with darkwake at 0 and 8

I have the same problem. I put the kext in the 10.11 folder and tried with darkwake at 0 and 8

This kext should be installed in the System/Library/Extension folder. It will not work if it's put in the 10.11 folder. But nonetheless, it still does not work. The only way I was able to get sound to work after sleep was to switch my SMBIOS profile to iMac 14,2. It did not work when I was using iMac 15,1.

This kext should be installed in the System/Library/Extension folder. It will not work if it's put in the 10.11 folder. But nonetheless, it still does not work. The only way I was able to get sound to work after sleep was to switch my SMBIOS profile to iMac 14,2. It did not work when I was using iMac 15,1.

I'm already set on iMac 14,2. I ended up just using an old iMic (usb audio adapter) I had laying around. no audio problems.
I was getting some kernal panics while i had sleep enabled so i disabled sleep and have not had any KPs. I wonder if its related to the sleep/audio problem. I need to mess with it again when i get a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back