Contribute
Register

[Fix] Intel HD4200/HD4400/HD4600 Mobile on Yosemite

I think it might be worth mentioning that ig-platform-id 0x0c260000 works for Intel HD 4400 Mobile... I didn't need to do a AppleIntelFramebufferAzul kext patch to get graphics acceleration working without distortions on the screen.

If someone has already posted this, then I guess I'm just confirming this works

It is because it has a larger cursor-bytes value. The ig-platform-id that works for a given system is machine/bios dependent. It is really a matter of trying them all to discover the one that works best, then patching it if necessary.

I've gone through the tutorial but still have slight artefacts graphics glitches when starting the system in the left top corner with the Finder, File, Edit, View writing. Otherwise graphics acceleration seems to work. I've gone through the thread and applied some patches through Clover Configurator from the Lenovo Y50 Guide as well as the ones posted here.

What can I do to fix the issue?

I've gone through the tutorial but still have slight artefacts graphics glitches when starting the system in the left top corner with the Finder, File, Edit, View writing. Otherwise graphics acceleration seems to work. I've gone through the thread and applied some patches through Clover Configurator from the Lenovo Y50 Guide as well as the ones posted here.

What can I do to fix the issue?

Which ig-platform-id are you using?

i tried IGPEnabler=Yes in chameleon and chimera

so the standard in these bootloaders

i tried IGPEnabler=Yes in chameleon and chimera

so the standard in these bootloaders

Chameleon does not support IGPEnabler. That flag is specific to Chimera. Which bootloader are you actually using?

The default ig-platform-id is 0xa260006 in Chimera for HD4600/HD4400 mobile. Your profile does not have specifics on your laptop.

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

If you're using 0xa260006, you should try the "9mb cursor bytes" patch. See post #1.

@RehabMan - I'm using 0x0a260006. I've also tried 9mb cursor patch instead of the one posted in Lenovo Y50 Guide and I've adjusted graphics values using AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.sh.

​Also if it helps, acceleration seems working but I have no brightness adjustment.

sorry my fault, it is a desktop no notebook

@RehabMan - Thank you for your replies. I've patched the correct SSDT (SSDT-7) with the following patches:

- GFX0 to IGPU
- Haswell HD4600 Yosemite
- Brightness fix (Haswell)

and installed
ACPIBacklight.kext but nothing.

Ive used these values using AppleFrameIntelbufferAzul.sh:

- 32MB BIOS-allocated memory
- 19MB frame buffer memory
- 0MB cursor bytes
- 1536MB VRAM
- BCL max and BCL PWM frequency: 5273 Hz

However my main issue is the slight graphic glitch on boot and the bar in top left corner. Is there anything else I can try to fix this?

@RehabMan - Thank you for your replies. I've patched the correct SSDT (SSDT-7) with the following patches:

- GFX0 to IGPU
- Haswell HD4600 Yosemite
- Brightness fix (Haswell)

and installed
ACPIBacklight.kext but nothing.

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Ive used these values using AppleFrameIntelbufferAzul.sh:

- 32MB BIOS-allocated memory
- 19MB frame buffer memory
- 0MB cursor bytes
- 1536MB VRAM
- BCL max and BCL PWM frequency: 5273 Hz

However my main issue is the slight graphic glitch on boot and the bar in top left corner. Is there anything else I can try to fix this?

If you're using Clover, no need to patch the kext manually. Just enable the patch in your config.plist.

See post #1 for "9mb cursor bytes"...

Back