Contribute
Register

[Fix] Intel HD4200/HD4400/HD4600 Mobile on Yosemite

[FIX] Intel HD4400/HD4600 Mobile on Yosemite

vidi2000: Just tested preview with large images and zooming - no problem here. I hope you can find and fix your issue.
Screen Shot 2014-10-24 at 6.53.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-10-24 at 6.53.44 PM.png

Thanks for the patch! I have Intel HD 4400 (8086:0a16) and have been pulling my hair out over my problems with Preview/Photo Booth/iMessage Video Settings/Profile Picture Manipulation/Other Random Issues and this cleared it right up for me! All I needed was the libCLVMIGILPlugin patch. No DSDT or Clover config edits needed

Thanks for the patch! I have Intel HD 4400 (8086:0a16) and have been pulling my hair out over my problems with Preview/Photo Booth/iMessage Video Settings/Profile Picture Manipulation/Other Random Issues and this cleared it right up for me! All I needed was the libCLVMIGILPlugin patch. No DSDT or Clover config edits needed

Thanks for the feedback - great to hear the patch works for a lot of apps I hadn't tested with. Seems like it's a solid fix. Did you need to codesign the framework before it worked? I'm still not sure if it's required or not.

Thanks for the feedback - great to hear the patch works for a lot of apps I hadn't tested with. Seems like it's a solid fix. Did you need to codesign the framework before it worked? I'm still not sure if it's required or not.

Nope, I just ran the perl command as provided. I also moved the backup elsewhere, but I doubt that affects anything :p

Fixed the first post regular expression typo for HD4600 (.dylib2 instead of .dylib), thanks romanaOne for pointing that out.

Updated all other patch posts to point to the initial first post.

Also there is no need to execute codesign for the .dylib once patched, as its not the core framework executable it works fine unsigned (as long as kext-dev-mode=1 is enabled).

Indeed the backup file can be moved anywhere, but is created by default in the same folder.

Also there is no need to execute codesign for the .dylib once patched, as its not the core framework executable it works fine unsigned (as long as kext-dev-mode=1 is enabled).

Well, it fully worked for me only after running codesign... No idea why...

Anyway, thanks a lot to you and vbo for the patches

Based on vidi2000's feedback included codesign instructions in the 1st post.
Even if it is not required, it does not hurt to codesign the file after modifications either.

Feedback
-HD4400 (8086:0a16)
--only applied Patch libCLVMIGILPlugin for HD4400 OpenCL / OpenGL
--plat-id's tested on
---0x0A160000 - works

---0x0A260000 - works

-tested using 5k res desktop wallpaper

comments:
before the patch
-image preview would load but upon zoom would grey out and nothing logged
-photobooth would randomly work
after patch
-issues were gone

After having made the changes to my Clover config, I'm stuck unable to boot, with the system restarting immediately upon reaching the normal "power management may be incompatible or unsupported" message, saying "hmm... mismatch sizes: 3100 vs 20".

This is obviously where the graphics start to load. Either I'm doing something incorrectly, or this fix doesn't work with my chipset. I'm still at the state where OS X only recognizes my card as having 7MB of VRAM.

Back