Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
On GA-Z77X-UD5H there are problems with some of the USB3 plugged on the internal connectors.
Most of people are using the connector close to the memory for the 2 front USB (it is the closest).
These 2 USB are working with many USB3 devices (with often some problems with CCC loosing the device), but not working with most of USB2 devices.
Problems are not limited to ML, there are also some problems with windows.

On this mobo Gigabyte has "multiplied" the Intel USB3 (from Z77 Chipset) with 2 hubs from Via (VL810).
Intel USB3 is working OOB and normally Via VL810 need no driver and are transparent for the OS.

I checked on Via site, if this component might be updated. It is the case and there is an firmware update available.
The firmware update (under windows) is fixing the problem at least on my mobo.
USB3 device (I have only one) is working ok, all the USB2 (sticks, printer, scanner, mouse, keyboard) that I tried are also working.

You can find the update:
http://www.via-labs.com/en/support/downloads.jsp.
It is a small program to be installed under windows, then reboot. You launch the program, it is detecting 2 hubs with obsolete firmware.
You push update and in 10 seconds it is done. After a new reboot, it is working.

I'm curious as to how your procedure solved anything for you as for
1. The latest update is several months old and it's the one that comes pre-installed on the boards and
2. The port nearest to the memory slots isn't connected to any of the VLI hubs.

If you got and have a look in your manual, you'll see that the VLI hub is nearest to the ports marked F-USB_2/3 and as such these are the ports connected to the hub. The same is true for all the four rear ports on this board.

Tried with my GA-Z77X-UD3H, nothing happens

In my build, even the Intel USB3.0 doesn't work as a USB3.0 port (marked as High-speed USB port in System\ Information.app),
though it serves perfectly as a USB2.0 port
seems many guys are having the same issue and have no idea at all.

But with MBP Retina's Kernel and drivers, Lion works very well.

Tried with my GA-Z77X-UD3H, nothing happens

In my build, even the Intel USB3.0 doesn't work as a USB3.0 port (marked as High-speed USB port in System\ Information.app),
though it serves perfectly as a USB2.0 port
seems many guys are having the same issue and have no idea at all.

But with MBP Retina's Kernel and drivers, Lion works very well.

My friend, you either need to learn to read, or put your glasses on. This thread is not discussing your board, at all.
This is only for the Z77X-UD5H and maybe for the Z77X-UP5, as they're the only two boards that use the VL810 USB 3.0 hubs, your board doesn't use them, so of course it won't do anything.

With regards to making your ports work at USB 3.0 speed, you need to set the xHCI Mode in the UEFI to Auto, any other setting, and USB 3.0 won't work in OS X. Also make sure you enable EHCI handoff a bit further down on the same settings page. That said, this has been covered in my UEFI settings guide which is posted under guides.

I'm curious as to how your procedure solved anything for you as for
1. The latest update is several months old and it's the one that comes pre-installed on the boards and
2. The port nearest to the memory slots isn't connected to any of the VLI hubs.

If you got and have a look in your manual, you'll see that the VLI hub is nearest to the ports marked F-USB_2/3 and as such these are the ports connected to the hub. The same is true for all the four rear ports on this board.

There are 2 hubs and only 2 pairs of USB not behind not clear which ones. My mobo is from mid-April (at dealer) and driver from March 23rd.
Program is reporting 2 hubs and is giving the info about driver version. No risk to try the update.

It was working incorrectly, it is working now... The problem with this connector is very commun.
Let see the other feedbacks.

Well, the problem is because the front connector next to the memory slots is connected directly to the Intel chip, it doesn't, for example, work with USB 2.0 device, but I guess you didn't try that?
Anyhow, if it worked for you, then great, but it's not a solution that will solve any problem with regards to the connector closest to the memory slots, trust me, I've been testing these things a lot more than you ;)

Well, the problem is because the front connector next to the memory slots is connected directly to the Intel chip, it doesn't, for example, work with USB 2.0 device, but I guess you didn't try that?
Anyhow, if it worked for you, then great, but it's not a solution that will solve any problem with regards to the connector closest to the memory slots, trust me, I've been testing these things a lot more than you ;)

May be my English is worst than I expected.
I wrote that I tested every USB2 stuff that I had close (USB Sticks, keyboard, mouse, scanner...) all is working.
You can think that because you tested many things and it did not work that it is impossible or just try... Fast and easy.
After you can say that it is not working for you.
Gigabyte design is uncommon, on most mobo USB3 are direct on Intel. They are working with Usb2 devices.

If you can use any and all USB 2.0 devices in the Intel USB 3.0 ports, then you're the one and only on this entire forum so far. Care you share your secret?

Some things like mice or keyboards might work, but no-one in the entire TMX team has managed to get a USB 2.0 storage device to work in a USB 3.0 port, so clearly you've managed to do the impossible and as such it would be nice to know what you've done. A few screenshots would be nice to start with.

trust me , how the the update for usb 3 hubs will fix F_USB3_1 (internal usb3 which connected directly for intel usb3 without hub ) ??? this issues even on most gigabyte mobo with direct intel usb 3 port !!!!
if it work with usb 2 device will be great ; plz share some screenshot and help us ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back