Contribute
Register

// Fix inside // GA-Z77X-UD5H - USB3 Problem under ML

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed the Usb3HubFWUpgrade_Setup_V0.41_VL810_0960.zip, after the upgrade it still says version 9.5 firmware.

And still the message at boot:
USBF: 0.985 The IOUSBFamily did not receive enough extra current for the SuperSpeed device (4-Port USB 3.0 Hub) at 0x14b00000, asked for 400mA but got 0 mA

So I don't know if they put the older 9.5 firmware into the 9.6 package, or they forgot to change the revision number of the firmware file.

I installed the latest update and it now says its version V9.60, so the update works. You have to COMPLETELY power down the system to reset the hubs. The system provides standby power to the USB bus even when the system is off. You have to unplug the power cable from the computer (or use the power switch on the back of the PSU) for several seconds to remove power from the USB bus. Seems to be working well for me, though i haven't had any real issues with the earlier version either.
g\

I installed the latest update and it now says its version V9.60, so the update works. You have to COMPLETELY power down the system to reset the hubs. The system provides standby power to the USB bus even when the system is off. You have to unplug the power cable from the computer (or use the power switch on the back of the PSU) for several seconds to remove power from the USB bus. Seems to be working well for me, though i haven't had any real issues with the earlier version either.
g\

Thanks it's 9.6 now, had to unplug the power cable for a minute.
Just using the power switch off and on again didn't help or was to short.

g\
Can i do this update from a Parallels Windows 7 or only from a real Windows installation ?

Can i do this update from a Parallels Windows 7 or only from a real Windows installation ?

I'm not sure. using a VM may be risky for this type of thing. but that said vmware at least (and probably parallels too) gives very low level access to USB devices. However in my experience it does this on a per device basis and i don't think it presents hubs as devices. i also don't know if either is supporting usb 3.0 yet or if that would matter for the purposes of flashing the firmware.

I did my update from a windows 8 x64 install. From the documentation it says only xp thru 7 are supported and only 32bit versions, so obviously its possible to upgrade outside of their guidelines. You can give it a try. If it isn't going to work you probably wont even see any devices available to update when you run the firmware flash utility. So the risk seems minimal.
g\

I tried to install the VIA update on Windows and it's telling me that it can't find it on my system. What gives??

I tried to install the VIA update on Windows and it's telling me that it can't find it on my system. What gives??

After a reboot the update program found the VIA hubs on my system.

Installed the Usb3HubFWUpgrade_Setup_V0.41_VL810_0960.zip, after the upgrade it still says version 9.5 firmware.

And still the message at boot:
USBF: 0.985 The IOUSBFamily did not receive enough extra current for the SuperSpeed device (4-Port USB 3.0 Hub) at 0x14b00000, asked for 400mA but got 0 mA

So I don't know if they put the older 9.5 firmware into the 9.6 package, or they forgot to change the revision number of the firmware file.
I solved this issue inserting some AAPL,power state via DSDT.

I solved this issue inserting some AAPL,power state via DSDT.

Can you please share with us what you did exactly ?

+1. We are several members out there trying to find a (preferably simple) way to get the all USB 3 ports working as they should be. Can you please post us details or screen shots to illustrate? By the way is your front audio working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back