Contribute
Register

// Fix inside // GA-Z77X-UD5H - USB3 Problem under ML

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the "blue" ports as you put it works just fine around the rear, the issue is two of the front ports, there's a pin-header near the memory slots, if you plug in the front bay USB 3.0 ports and connect them to that port, I'm sure you'll find that the ports only work with USB 3.0 devices.

Yes that's right- USB 2.0 devices did not work using the 3.0 header near the memory slots. I don't have any 3.0 devices to try on that one. You had said something that sounded different:
Some things like mice or keyboards might work, but no-one in the entire tonymacx86.com team has managed to get a USB 2.0 storage device to work in a USB 3.0 port, so clearly you've managed to do the impossible and as such it would be nice to know what you've done.
so it wasn't clear that we were only talking about that one USB 3.0 header not working. Aside from that one issue, this mobo seems to work very well with ML. Using both USB 2.0 internal headers, one of the working 3.0 headers and then the back panel USB ports, I have more functional USB ports than on any previous hack.

Ok, one question, why are you installing NEC USB 3.0 drivers when the board doesn't have an NEC USB 3.0 host controller?
Also, any chance I could have a look at those drivers, as they're not familiar to me based on your screenshot.

It is written inside the post, I have an additional card. "PXHCD v1.0.9 modded (for a NEC µDP7200200A PCIe card = working ok)"
The driver used is the following one: // don't use PXHCD v1.0.9, it is obsolete //

//// Edited
There is a new version of LaCie driver hacked by Peter Haas (v1.0.10)
For NEC: 2 or 4 ports, Etron and ASMedia (only with last firmware). See comments on the site.
http://www.osx86.net/view/3187-pxhcd.kext.html
Seems important: XHCI Preboot Driver = Disable / XHCI = Smart Auto / XHCI Hand off = Enable / EHCI Hand off = Enable
/////

can u post screenshot from USB system profile and let us see what kext is loading ???
I did not see your request:

That are the standard Apple Drivers:
According to the USB3 used there are different configuration (VIA or not).
LaCie Driver is on the external.
XHCI Preboot Driver = Disable / XHCI = Smart Auto / XHCI Hand off = Enable / EHCI Hand off = Enable

Attachments

• C2.png
    C2.png
    78.8 KB · Views: 476
  • C1.png
    C1.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 541
I did not see your request:

That are the standard Apple Drivers:
According to the USB3 used there are different configuration (VIA or not).
LaCie Driver is on the external.
XHCI Preboot Driver = Disable / XHCI = Smart Auto / XHCI Hand off = Enable / EHCI Hand off = Enable

thanks ,, its load appleusbxhci kext not the PXHCD patched kext ,,,
so this / XHCI Preboot Driver = Disable / XHCI = Smart Auto / XHCI Hand off = Enable / EHCI Hand off = Enable /
try to change the setting to the thelostswede guide and post the result if u still get usb 2 in native usb 3 port (F_USB3_1)

Recommendation in the guide is: XHCI Preboot Driver = Enable
The effect is to see the USB3 device at Chameleon before boot. But after ML boot, USB3 device is not seen any longer by OS (even unplunging and repluging)
When disabled, device is invisible from Chameleon but working in ML.

Setting should be:

You can find the update:
http://www.via-labs.com/en/support/downloads.jsp.
It is a small program to be installed under windows, then reboot. You launch the program, it is detecting 2 hubs with obsolete firmware.
You push update and in 10 seconds it is done. After a new reboot, it is working.

Thanks. On loading the program said I had two hubs:

2 devices found:
(0) V/PID = 2109/0810, FW Version = V9.50
(1) V/PID = 2109/0810, FW Version = V9.50

After the update, shutdown, power off and cold boot the version is the same. Firmware 0.95 = V9.5 I guess.

My Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H was bought a week ago.

@Fadb
did u try this settings XHCI Preboot Driver = Disable / XHCI = Smart Auto / XHCI Hand off = Enable / EHCI Hand off = Enable
, can u test if the F_USB3_1 work with usb2/3 devices with that settings ???

Thanks. On loading the program said I had two hubs:

2 devices found:
(0) V/PID = 2109/0810, FW Version = V9.50
(1) V/PID = 2109/0810, FW Version = V9.50

After the update, shutdown, power off and cold boot the version is the same. Firmware 0.95 = V9.5 I guess.

My Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H was bought a week ago.

Yes, it's the same firmware which I already pointed out

I'm not at home to test it but there's a new firmware for the chipset at the VIA site http://www.via-labs.com/en/support/downloads.jsp and it points out improvements at least for USB2.0 with OSX "Improved USB compatibility with Apple OSX 10.8 and Apple xHCI Driver. Resolved an issue where downstream devices would disappear after Restart/Reboot."
http://www.via-labs.com/en/downloads/documents/VL810 Firmware V9.6 Release Note.pdf

Installed the Usb3HubFWUpgrade_Setup_V0.41_VL810_0960.zip, after the upgrade it still says version 9.5 firmware.

And still the message at boot:
USBF: 0.985 The IOUSBFamily did not receive enough extra current for the SuperSpeed device (4-Port USB 3.0 Hub) at 0x14b00000, asked for 400mA but got 0 mA

So I don't know if they put the older 9.5 firmware into the 9.6 package, or they forgot to change the revision number of the firmware file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back