Contribute
Register

Fix incorrect time in Windows + OSX dual boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried this on two different motherboards now, a Z87-WS and a P9DWS. Both attempts have resulted in failure. No matter what I do, the clocks are always off. I've followed all of the procedures countless times and it's the same result. The clocks are off and I don't know how to fix it.

Please help.

I've tried this on two different motherboards now, a Z87-WS and a P9DWS. Both attempts have resulted in failure. No matter what I do, the clocks are always off. I've followed all of the procedures countless times and it's the same result. The clocks are off and I don't know how to fix it.

Please help.
The solution in Post #1 is tried and tested.
If it does not work for you then either you are applying it incorrectly or you have a different problem.

The solution in Post #1 is tried and tested.
If it does not work for you then either you are applying it incorrectly or you have a different problem.
Should I make a dedicated separate post? But if I do, I don't know what other information I could add to help show the differences between my problem and this one.

Here is easy fix in Mac.

the .reg file is working very good , thanks ;)

Worked great for me. Thank you!

Had some nasty ilok errors which are now fixed

Although the solution to fixing the time sync problems is correct (set RealTimeIsUniversal to 1 in the Windows registry), the explanation of the problem is incorrect.

There is a time maintained by the system board called the RTC (real time clock). This is the clock that is maintained by the small battery present on your motherboard. Windows expects this time to indicate local time, whereas OS X expects this time to represent UTC. For all practical purposes, GMT and UTC are the same and local times are a time relative to GMT/UTC. The RealTimeIsUniversal simply causes Windows to treat the BIOS/RTC time as UTC, just like OS X.

Ive been working on that skylake board and cant get shutdown to work with all the patches to try. Could it be
AppleRTC related to that bios as well? always 7 hrs difference from bios.

files of system are @ post #1 : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...utdown-fixes-date-and-time-off-w-bios.254485/

Although the solution to fixing the time sync problems is correct (set RealTimeIsUniversal to 1 in the Windows registry), the explanation of the problem is incorrect.

Need I do anything with apple if there is no windows and its telling bios set for UTC? Er gmt

Last edited:
There were other hacks made for the OS X side, but they have issues.

Fixing it in Windows is the best option.

So I think that I understand correctly now. I installed linux and I see there is an option for
setting the bios to non UTC. So its doing what its supposed to when the bios time is not
the same as local time? Correct? I shut down from linux with UTC set to 0 and the
bios reads local time. If I boot into apple (no switch for UTC=1/0) and shutdown from
there the bios should be back to UTC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back