i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Intel HD Graphics on El Capitan

OS X supports a range of Intel HD Graphics devices, however not all the variants present in hackintosh devices are supported out of the box.

Haswell HD4200/HD4400/HD4600: Must inject device-id=0x0412.
config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086

Broadwell HD5600 (10.11.0/10.11.1 only): Must inject device-id=0x1626.
config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=016268086

Note: These settings are already in the plist files linked from my Clover guide...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

FakePCIID Installation

In addition, the Haswell graphics accelerator kext (AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext) checks the PCI device-id against a set of known values. Because the HD4200/HD4400/HD4600(mobile) values are not accommodated by this check, you must install FakePCIID kexts for PCI device-id spoofing.

The latest release of FakePCIID can be found here:
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fake-pci-id/downloads

The source code is located at:
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID

Install both FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext (originally FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext) in /System/Library/Extensions, EFI/Clover/kexts (typically in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other), or /Library/Extensions (10.11+).

--

Note: This post, simplified for Clover only 10.11, based on original by the-darkvoid for Yosemite: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...tel-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-mobile-yosemite.html.

WhateverGreen.kext+Lilu.kext

WhateverGreen.kext (requires Lulu.kext) implements the same spoofing that is implemented by FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.

As a result, when using WhateverGreen.kext, you will not need FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.

Problem Reporting

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting". Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Last edited:
Hi Rehabman,
Thanks for your work towards support for hd4400. I was wondering if you know if full qe/ci graphics work for the desktop hd4400 or is this only for mobile hd4400? The only post I saw was from awhile back in January regarding an answer from Toleda here. I've seen mixed reviews about this and some claim they have got it working and some say not possible. In about this Mac it says HD 4400 but only has 7mb of dedicated vram. Getting tearing and artifacts. I am running El Capitan with the latest Clover_v2.3k_r3270_UEFI.pkg. When I ran the audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0j.command script it asked me to patch the hdmi and i did(i didn't know if the script only had audio patches or graphics as well?) Anyways I have tried installing both FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext in /System/Library/Extensions, EFI/Clover/kexts also. I have also tried booting with the argument IGPDeviceID=0412.
My Build: i3-4130, GA-87n-wifi(series8), 4gb Ballistix, Kingston SSD
I've uploaded a copy of ioreg. Thanks
View attachment Heather’s iMac.zip

Hi Rehabman,
Thanks for your work towards support for hd4400. I was wondering if you know if full qe/ci graphics work for the desktop hd4400 or is this only for mobile hd4400? The only post I saw was from awhile back in January regarding an answer from Toleda here. I've seen mixed reviews about this and some claim they have got it working and some say not possible. In about this Mac it says HD 4400 but only has 7mb of dedicated vram. Getting tearing and artifacts. I am running El Capitan with the latest Clover_v2.3k_r3270_UEFI.pkg. When I ran the audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0j.command script it asked me to patch the hdmi and i did(i didn't know if the script only had audio patches or graphics as well?) Anyways I have tried installing both FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext in /System/Library/Extensions, EFI/Clover/kexts also. I have also tried booting with the argument IGPDeviceID=0412.
My Build: i3-4130, GA-87n-wifi(series8), 4gb Ballistix, Kingston SSD
I've uploaded a copy of ioreg. Thanks
View attachment 157615

It works for desktop HD4400 as well.

It works for desktop HD4400 as well.

Thats great news! So I thought i followed all the directions in this thread but I must have done something wrong because I'm stuck at bootloader and wont even boot in safe mode. Interestingly enough after I installed the kexts via DCPI Manager; FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext in /System/Library/Extensions, EFI/Clover/kexts and changed the config file to your config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist upon reboot I saw the Clover bootscreen was different(older looking, blue background) after a few reboots it went back to the original Clover bootscreen one time but than it went back to the changed bootscreen.

Anyways since I cannot boot into safe mode I plan on doing another clean install of El Capitan. Any suggestions or pointers to do this correctly this time around. I have no clue what i did wrong. Was I not supposed to totally replace your config plist with my original? Thanks again RehabMan. And thanks for the quickreply earlier letting me know it works with Desktop 4400.

Thats great news! So I thought i followed all the directions in this thread but I must have done something wrong because I'm stuck at bootloader and wont even boot in safe mode. Interestingly enough after I installed the kexts via DCPI Manager; FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext in /System/Library/Extensions, EFI/Clover/kexts and changed the config file to your config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist upon reboot I saw the Clover bootscreen was different(older looking, blue background) after a few reboots it went back to the original Clover bootscreen one time but than it went back to the changed bootscreen.

Anyways since I cannot boot into safe mode I plan on doing another clean install of El Capitan. Any suggestions or pointers to do this correctly this time around. I have no clue what i did wrong. Was I not supposed to totally replace your config plist with my original? Thanks again RehabMan. And thanks for the quickreply earlier letting me know it works with Desktop 4400.

You should not use a laptop config.plist for a desktop.

In particular, ig-platform-id is not correct for desktop configurations.

omit ig-platform-id or use a desktop value, 0x0d220003.

From your description, it sounds like you downloaded the config file incorrectly (possibly downloaded html).

This the laptop section, so I tried to keep post #1 focused on laptops so as not to confuse.

The desktop equivalent is here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ics-fix-full-support-alternate-cpus-os-x.html

I am trying to get this working on my lenovo y510p but it do's not seem to work with this code. Inside the laptop is a intel cor i7 4700m with a hd4600 graphics.

I tried this code and these kext's but it is still not working.. any tips?

I am trying to get this working on my lenovo y510p but it do's not seem to work with this code. Inside the laptop is a intel cor i7 4700m with a hd4600 graphics.

I tried this code and these kext's but it is still not working.. any tips?

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
13 2 0xffffff7f82263000 0x66000 0x66000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) 295F7A91-2DF7-3FFE-9550-A0C1A6F9D575 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

kextstat|grep -y applelpc

files:
View attachment 158131
View attachment 158132
View attachment 158133

The problem is DropOem=true without any (patched) SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

Set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=false.

Note: You have a lot of other work to do (ACPI patching, native CPU PM, etc).

Back