Contribute
Register

[FIX] HD4200/HD4400/HD4600/HD5600 on 10.11+

I purchased it used, ok i will try and wgat about reporting problem?? ?

Hello All,
I've read on all I could find here in the forum regarding HD4200. I need some advise here. I already installed the kext mentioned as per screenshot. I am still stuck with 7MB on my HD4200.
appreciate your inputs. Cheers!

Hello All,
I've read on all I could find here in the forum regarding HD4200. I need some advise here. I already installed the kext mentioned as per screenshot. I am still stuck with 7MB on my HD4200.
appreciate your inputs. Cheers!
View attachment 386921
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Hi. I have an i5-4200U which I think should have Intel HD Graphics 4400, as I searched Google and checked on Windows 10. Now I'm wondering why my IOReg and About This Mac shows HD 4600 with device ID (0)a16. I don't think I have any problems with running graphics related apps, etc though. Can anybody tell me why?
Also something about DPCIManager; it shows my iGPU has the device ID 0412, whereas IOReg says I have (0)a16. I don't get it.

Edit: Solved by myself.

Last edited:
Looking for some help with an HP "hackintosh".

Firstly - I have read many guides, but given the sheer number of updates for newer versions of the OS, I'm a little lost and hence asking for help.

Installed El Capitan to an HP Probook following one of the 'easier' guides. Using El Capitan as it is what my Mac Pro 3,1 has installed. Booting using Clover.

All seems well, except I have a problem with gfx. There is a display, according to system report it is 1024x768! It isn't, as the display is widescreen and appears to be 1368x768. The screen is capable of 1600x900.

I installed FakePCIID FakeINtelGFX (as per page 1 of this thread); I copied the two files to desktop and used KextBeast to install them. Edited the config.plist in EFI\Clover\config.plist to include the Intel key setting from page 1 on this thread.

When I reboot, the boot logo gets to about 50% (half way underneath the Apple logo) and either freezes, or reboots after a lengthy pause. If the later, Clover shows something like "boot from system (hibernating)"

Q1. It is not clear where I should install the kext files above; to system\library\extensions, to library\extensions, into the EFI\clover\kexts folder.

(apologies if these paths are not accurate, I'm typing from memory as I cant get into my hackbook!)

Q2. How does one install a kext file into the EFI partition - just copy it?

Given I am using El Capitan, is the latest version of FakePCIID and FakeIntel appropriate, or should I use older versions? If so, what versions?

Q3 which is the better option for El Capitan; FakeXXXX kexts, or whenevergreen and lilu kexts?

I'm new to the Mac ecosystem, but enjoying the hackintosh challenge!

Looking for some help with an HP "hackintosh".

Firstly - I have read many guides, but given the sheer number of updates for newer versions of the OS, I'm a little lost and hence asking for help.

Installed El Capitan to an HP Probook following one of the 'easier' guides. Using El Capitan as it is what my Mac Pro 3,1 has installed. Booting using Clover.

All seems well, except I have a problem with gfx. There is a display, according to system report it is 1024x768! It isn't, as the display is widescreen and appears to be 1368x768. The screen is capable of 1600x900.

I installed FakePCIID FakeINtelGFX (as per page 1 of this thread); I copied the two files to desktop and used KextBeast to install them. Edited the config.plist in EFI\Clover\config.plist to include the Intel key setting from page 1 on this thread.

When I reboot, the boot logo gets to about 50% (half way underneath the Apple logo) and either freezes, or reboots after a lengthy pause. If the later, Clover shows something like "boot from system (hibernating)"

Q1. It is not clear where I should install the kext files above; to system\library\extensions, to library\extensions, into the EFI\clover\kexts folder.

(apologies if these paths are not accurate, I'm typing from memory as I cant get into my hackbook!)

Q2. How does one install a kext file into the EFI partition - just copy it?

Given I am using El Capitan, is the latest version of FakePCIID and FakeIntel appropriate, or should I use older versions? If so, what versions?

Q3 which is the better option for El Capitan; FakeXXXX kexts, or whenevergreen and lilu kexts?

I'm new to the Mac ecosystem, but enjoying the hackintosh challenge!
your laptop has a guide:

Thanks for the reply, Feartech... trying to follow that one. Any thoughts re the questions appreciated though

Thanks for the reply, Feartech... trying to follow that one. Any thoughts re the questions appreciated though
a lot of your questions will be answered upon completing the guide but if you have questions then you can open up a new thread and we can see what we can do :)

Many thanks. This is a "personal interest" project using an old notebook, "because I can", so in burning hurry. Have guide and lapintosh at the ready, RTFG'ing first :)

Back