Contribute
Register

[FIX] HD4200/HD4400/HD4600/HD5600 on 10.11+

thanks for the reply
I changed the ig-platform-id to 0xa2e0008
1. My bios already has the ability to change the DVMT to 128MB. do I need to patch IOKit framework?
2.how to configure framebuffer patched for haswell?

Look at the Y50 repo (patches in config_UHD.plist) for an example of using 0xa260006 patched for DVMT-prealloc 128MB.
Don't forget that CoreDisplayFixup.kext (+Lilu.kext) will be required.

Look at the Y50 repo (patches in config_UHD.plist) for an example of using 0xa260006 patched for DVMT-prealloc 128MB.
Don't forget that CoreDisplayFixup.kext (+Lilu.kext) will be required.
now as you see it passes the gioscreenlockstate 3 but right after that, it freezes at a bunch of glitchy text.
the DVMT bios is at 128MB

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    730.1 KB · Views: 240
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 233
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 233
now as you see it passes the gioscreenlockstate 3 but right after that, it freezes at a bunch of glitchy text.
the DVMT bios is at 128MB

As per guide, you should be using an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678) until you can properly prepare for booting with a valid one in post-install.

Hey Rehabman or anyone with some insight:

Managed to finally get my Asus G711JM to update to High Sierra [10.13.4] yesterday after finally getting around to attempting it again and re-doing the DSDT to properly disable the Nvidia Optimus (GeForce GTX 860M) and got it to install successfully past the ""Window Server Service only ran for 0 seconds" issue, but am now experiencing some graphical issues with the Intel HD4600.

Previously with Sierra, I had FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext install with Clover doing the FakeID injection for IntelGFX 0x04128086 and ig-platform-id 0x0a260006, and had no issues with it running w/full acceleration (QE/CI) with three displays (including LVDS) and HDMI audio to boot.

Now that I've restarted from scratch, I am essentially redoing everything again, and I started with the default config.plist file (from Rehabman's version of Clover) and have only enabled the KernelPm=true setting in clover so far, and only have the modifications in the DSDT/SSDT-5/SSDT-6 of my machine to disable Optimus.

One of the first things I noticed after successfully upgrading to High Sierra (keeping HFS+ Journaling in place and not auto-converting my SSD filesystem to APFS during the upgrade) was that the Graphics were somewhat working, which I didn't expect, since I no longer had the edits in the clover config file to inject the HD4600.

There were, however, a LOT of graphical glitches and such. So, I attempted to redo exactly as this forum suggests, ensure FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext were installed, added the FakeID for IntelGFX 0x04128086 and ig-platform-id 0x0a260006.

This didn't seem to change much in terms of the graphical / garbled issues I was having, so I then figured I should re-add the "Enable 9MB cursor bytes, 0x0a260006" patch that I know fixes some of the graphical glitches with the HD4600.

This certainly improved things, but I was still getting that "bootup" glitch during the Apple Logo before the login screen, which I know also had a patch in 10.12, but I read that I should use Lilu.kext with the IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, so I went ahead and did that, which seems to have removed this bootup glitch.

However, I am still experiencing some "garbled" graphics artifacts, mainly on the login screen (which I have taken screenshots of and attached to this post). They remind me of QR Codes.

These only seem to occur at the top and bottom of the login screen, and are consistently appearing in the exact same spots. I haven't used the system much as I've only had it running High Sierra for a day, but so far, I haven't noticed any glitches anywhere else other than the login screen.

Does anyone have any other suggestions I can try to remove these? I've attempted a number of things so far, such as trying every possible ig-platform-id I can find for the Mobile HD4600 (all 15 that are listed within Clover Configurator), along with changing the DVMT, and even tried CoreDisplayFixup.kext to see if it made a difference or not.

Is it still necessary to do the FakeID injection in High Sierra for the Mobile HD4600? I wasn't sure since the HD4600 *did* load when I didn't have the edits in place under the config.plist after upgrading, but this may be due to another flag that is defined in the default config.plist file I'm assuming?

Update: I just came across this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-fix-boot-second-stage-garbled-screen.238918/ and am curious if patching the EDID for the HD4600 in Clover would help resolve this issue? Going to attempt to see myself if I can figure out just how to do this..

Also, should I disabled some of the "Fixes" that were enabled in the default clover config.plist file? Such as "AddDGTP", "FixIPIC", etc. Would any of these cause this issue or prevent it?

I had previously done some "rename" patches to my older DSDT in Sierra, such as changing EHCx -> EH0x, GFX0 -> IGPU, and B0D3 -> HDAU (which were needed for USB fixes in conjunction with FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext [which is still installed], and to get HDMI audio working properly, along with using FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext [which too is still installed]).

I will likely do the same this time around, but using patches in Clover to do this instead of patching the DSDT directly (as per the patches for the HD4600 found here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist)

Another odd issue that I noticed after upgrading to High Sierra is that my AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB was working, where previously I had to have some patches in the Clover config.plist in order for it to show up (along with using FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, which is also still installed) I'm assuming that it's working because FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext is still installed, but found it strange that it was as I had numerious issues with in under Sierra if the proper patches weren't in place for it under the config.plist, and it's now working without any.

Sorry for the long novel here, just trying to ensure I'm re-doing this right this time around. Any help is appreciated, as always.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20180411_111628.jpg
    20180411_111628.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 246
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 12.01.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 12.01.21 PM.png
    338 KB · Views: 283
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 12.02.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 12.02.40 PM.png
    160.6 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
started with the default config.plist file (from Rehabman's version of Clover) and have only enabled the KernelPm=true setting in clover so far,

KernelPm is already set to true in my plists.

One of the first things I noticed after successfully upgrading to High Sierra (keeping HFS+ Journaling in place and not auto-converting my SSD filesystem to APFS during the upgrade) was that the Graphics were somewhat working, which I didn't expect, since I no longer had the edits in the clover config file to inject the HD4600.

Correct HD46000 settings are already in my plist for HD4600...

However, I am still experiencing some "garbled" graphics artifacts, mainly on the login screen (which I have taken screenshots of and attached to this post). They remind me of QR Codes.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, your profile is missing important details (screen resolution).
Please fix as per FAQ.

Also, should I disabled some of the "Fixes" that were enabled in the default clover config.plist file? Such as "AddDGTP", "FixIPIC", etc. Would any of these cause this issue or prevent it?

Those settings are NOT enabled in my plist.

I had previously done some "rename" patches to my older DSDT in Sierra, such as changing EHCx -> EH0x, GFX0 -> IGPU, and B0D3 -> HDAU (which were needed for USB fixes in conjunction with FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext [which is still installed], and to get HDMI audio working properly, along with using FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext [which too is still installed]).

Common renames are default in my plists.

Another odd issue that I noticed after upgrading to High Sierra is that my AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB was working, where previously I had to have some patches in the Clover config.plist in order for it to show up (along with using FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, which is also still installed)

As expected. No longer need the fcvo patch with 10.13.x.

KernelPm is already set to true in my plists.
Those settings are NOT enabled in my plist.

As stated, I started off using the generated plist created during the Clover installation; The HD4600 plist from your github would not detect my OSX partition properly, even after replacing the Custom and Scan entries in the plist from the one that works.

I did however load the HD4600 plist using Clover (after booting with the default one in place and select it from the Clover -> config menu) and it too has the same black blocky glitch present on the bootscreen.

Perfect. Just wanted clarification on that.

I've attached a new debug from the error reporting tool with my current setup. Again, I'm in the process of re-doing things, so I have some kexts in my system that require some dsdt edits (like the ACPIBattery kext, audio patching, etc) and I haven't added some other necessary clover patches yet as well. Just trying to get the graphics working properly.

I will update my config.plist and merge it with all the items you have in your 4600.plist on github, and try to get it loading properly, and then get the rest of my hardware working in the meantime.

Attachments

• debug_2979.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 97
Ahh.. My apologies, I skipped through the first have as I already had High Sierra installed and didn't think it pertained to where I was at in terms of re-configuring things (my bad!); I did eventually realize it was caused by this DisableDrivers string in the original plist:
<key>DisableDrivers</key>
<array>
<string>VBoxHfs</string>
</array>

and now it makes sense why you had that in there! :) I have finally re-done everything from scratch and followed the guide as best I could. Attached is the latest reporting files from my new setup.

Everything is functional again (wifi/ethernet/battery/keyboard backlight/display brightness keys/audio/hdmi audio/etc). but I'm still having this strange "black QR code" glitch on the boot screen, however I haven't noticed any other artifacts or glitching aside from this... so may have to just live with it in the end, since everything otherwise seems fine... Assuming it's something to do with High Sierra, as I've never had this issue with any prior macOS version on this machine (going back as far as Mavericks I believe)

Just to clarify: Do I still need to implement your FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext for the BCM94352HMB to work, or the FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext for the HDMI audio to be functional as well? (which it is, using the patches originally from your HD4600 config.plist file), I'm just looking for clarification that these kext are still needed in conjunction w/ those clover patches. (which I assume they are)

Thanks again for your help with this!

Attachments

• debug_8252.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 103
  • LWScreenShot 2018-04-12 at 8.17.27 PM.png
    LWScreenShot 2018-04-12 at 8.17.27 PM.png
    910.6 KB · Views: 117
but I'm still having this strange "black QR code" glitch on the boot screen,

You might want to try other ig-platform-id values.
Or check your BIOS settings for the IGPU (DVMT-prealloc/DVMT-size). (0xa260006 assumes DVMT-prealloc 64mb).
Also, maybe try AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFix*.efi.
Also, EC reset is a good idea.

Just to clarify: Do I still need to implement your FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext for the BCM94352HMB to work,

Off-topic here.
Question is answered in the FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

or the FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext for the HDMI audio to be functional as well?

Off-topic here.
Question answered in HDMI/DP audio guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...o-sandy-ivy-haswell-broadwell-skylake.189495/

ht want to try other ig-platform-id values.

I have tried 15 different values, all of them (except two that broke graphics entirely) have the same blocky glitch showing up in the same place every time.

maybe try AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFix*.efi.

Ooo... I had my hopes up with this suggestion! But sadly, same dang blotchy glitch..

check your BIOS settings for the IGPU (DVMT-prealloc/DVMT-size).

Yup, this is set at 64mb and I've tried changing it and using different ig-platforms (w/clover patches) for other sizes with the same result. But I'll keep trying now that I've got the system re-done properly. Thanks for the suggestions!

Last edited:
Back