Contribute
Register

[FIX] HD4200/HD4400/HD4600/HD5600 on 10.11+

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read "Problem Reporting" in FAQ.
Attach files as requested.
Really sorry for that. Anw, I've tried to patch SSDT-7.dsl without Brightness fix:
  • Rename GFX0 to IGPU
  • Haswell HD4400/HD4600/HD5000
  • Rename B0D3 to HDAD
It worked well at first (but without brightness control) then restart => boot loop. So that I have to removed the patched SSDT and the system went back to only 4mb on graphics card. Please help me ASAP. Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 104
  • IOReg.ioreg
    4.9 MB · Views: 162
  • RehabMan.zip
    20.7 KB · Views: 91
Really sorry for that. Anw, I've tried to patch SSDT-7.dsl without Brightness fix:
  • Rename GFX0 to IGPU
  • Haswell HD4400/HD4600/HD5000
  • Rename B0D3 to HDAD
It worked well at first (but without brightness control) then restart => boot loop. So that I have to removed the patched SSDT and the system went back to only 4mb on graphics card. Please help me ASAP. Thanks a lot.

Your SortedOrder is wrong. As per guide, SSDT-PNLF.aml must be loaded *after* OEM SSDTs.
Also, ACPI/patched is missing SSDT-7, SSDT-8, SSDT-9.
Read the ACPI patching guide for ACPI patching basics...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Your SortedOrder is wrong. As per guide, SSDT-PNLF.aml must be loaded *after* OEM SSDTs.
Also, ACPI/patched is missing SSDT-7, SSDT-8, SSDT-9.
Read the ACPI patching guide for ACPI patching basics...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
I patched SSDT-7,8,9 and renamed to 1,2,3 (due to the guide for Yosemite/El Capitan). I found that the problem was I used old Kext to patch in config.plist and everything goes well nw.
But there's a small problem with brightness control by fn+: when I press for brightness down. The screen suddenly turn black, and up => brightness window still appears permanently. I don't know why @@. It happened to me before with Yosemite, too. Btw, I use the old method for brightness control because my Sierra is 10.10.2 and the new one seems doesn't work well. (Also tried to list orders afther SSDTs)

I patched SSDT-7,8,9 and renamed to 1,2,3 (due to the guide for Yosemite/El Capitan). I found that the problem was I used old Kext to patch in config.plist and everything goes well nw.
But there's a small problem with brightness control by fn+ when I press for brightness down. The screen suddenly turn black, and up => brightness window still appears permanently. I don't know why @@. It happened to me before with Yosemite, too[/QUOTE]

You should not rename SSDTs. It is just confusing.
Brightness problems are a known problem with your version of macOS.
Update.

You should not rename SSDTs. It is just confusing.
Brightness problems are a known problem with your version of macOS.
Update.
Thank you a lot for helping me. Btw, when I turn on the computer. The mouse is a little bit lagging abt 1-2mins. Can it be fixed?

Back