Contribute
Register

[FIX] HD4200/HD4400/HD4600/HD5600 on 10.11+

Hi guys! I'm new in this world. hackintosh! I have a Laptop in which I installed El Capitan, I have a processor intel core i7-4510u... almost all is ok! my problem is with the graphics, some applications have a blink. I have tried with FakePCIID Installation.

Two problems:
- you're using the wrong ig-platform-id. You have 0x0d220003 which is used for desktops, not laptops. Use 0x0a260006 instead.
- but still, the graphics drivers should be loading, but are not, which means you likely deleted the kexts. Restore the kexts by running the OS X installer.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

I'm sorry, but as I mentioned I'm new... where I should change ig-platform-id?

I'm sorry, but as I mentioned I'm new... where I should change ig-platform-id?

The guide linked in my post has correct plist files.

Two problems:
- you're using the wrong ig-platform-id. You have 0x0d220003 which is used for desktops, not laptops. Use 0x0a260006 instead.
- but still, the graphics drivers should be loading, but are not, which means you likely deleted the kexts. Restore the kexts by running the OS X installer.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

well, I did your suggestion but I have the same problem. :crazy:View attachment CLOVER.zipView attachment IOReg.zip

Still the kexts are not loading... It means you damaged them or deleted them.

Do a fresh install.

Hi it's me again! I did a fresh installation and now I have a better hackintosh, now my graphic is Intel HD Graphics 4400 1536 MB (4MB before) but I have the same problem, the applications have a flash, (not all the application, when it start in some parts, and where is the focus of mouse), please help me!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 87
  • IOResgistry.zip
    359.4 KB · Views: 76
Hi it's me again! I did a fresh installation and now I have a better hackintosh, now my graphic is Intel HD Graphics 4400 1536 MB (4MB before) but I have the same problem, the applications have a flash, (not all the application, when it start in some parts, and where is the focus of mouse), please help me!

You did not install the FakePCIID kexts. Read post #1.

UPDATE: HDMI Audio Problem resolved!!

Here's what I did to enabled the HD4600 w/HDMI audio support and native Realtek ALC668 support in my Asus G771JM (followed some helpful instruction from: https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdm...op/has7-dsdt-8_series_laptop_hdmi_audio-1.txt which I tailored to my needs as outlined below):

-Used Rehabman's FakePCIID (FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext, FakePCIID.kext) and installed to /S/L/E

-Patched DSDT: Rename GFX0 -> IGPU: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/graphics/graphics_Rename-GFX0.txt
(Applied to DSDT, SSDT5, SSDT6 and SSDT7 on my machine)

Update: For proper power management support and sleep functionality, I applied the patch to my SSDT5 instead of DSDT, since my machine (Haswell) has the IGPU/HDAU definition occurring there. Here's a patch that I modified for renaming B0D3 -> HDAU and inserting definition of IGPU device for the HD4600 and the definition of the HDAU device with the same layout-id as the HDEF device (Realtek ALC668):
Code:
# ouija SSDT5 Patch for HDAU Rename and IGPU/HDAU Definition
# applied to SSDT5 and DSDT, device definition only occurs in SSDT5
# Thanks to RehabMan for original B0D3 -> HDAU patch

into method label _WAK code_regex B0D3 replaceall_matched begin HDAU end;
into definitionblock code_regex B0D3 replaceall_matched begin HDAU end;

# for GFX0 SSDT

# Note: Change your layout ID if you need something different

# inject "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" into IGPU (GFX0 originally)
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00020000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "device-id", Buffer() { 0x12, 0x04, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
    "AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x06, 0x00, 0x26, 0x0a },\n
    "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
    "model", Buffer() { "Intel HD 4600" },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

# inject "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" into HDAU (B0D3 originally)
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00030000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00030000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "layout-id", Buffer() { 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "RM,device-id", Buffer() { 0x0c, 0x0a, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

into device label B0D3 set_label begin HDAU end;
into method label SBCB code_regex B0D3 replaceall_matched begin HDAU end;

Note: it was the "layout-id" above that was my issue with not getting HDMI audio enabled for my machine previously; The AppleHDA Patcher used a layout id of "0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00" (vs 0x01) and that did the trick! Also note that to get FakePCIID to attach to the HDAU device, I had to add ""RM,device-id", Buffer() { 0x0c, 0x0a, 0x00, 0x00 }" here in my DSDT as well.

-Clover Patch: Enable HDMI-audio port:
Code:
<dict>
	<key>Comment</key>
	<string>HDMI-audio, port 0204, 0x0a260005 0x0a260006</string>
	<key>Disabled</key>
	<false/>
	<key>Name</key>
	<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
	<key>Find</key>
	<data>AgQJAAAEAACHAAAA</data>
	<key>Replace</key>
	<data>AgQJAAAIAACHAAAA</data>
</dict>

-DSDT Patch / Clover Patch: Enabled ALC668 support w/AppleHDA using AppleHDA Patcher -> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/496-applehda-patcher/
(add Clover patches, copy "aDummyHDA.kext" to /S/L/E, apply DSDT edit to add HDEF device)

And that was it! Hope this helps anyone else looking to achieve the same thing :) Thanks to RehabMan, Micky1979, Mirone, toleda, and everyone else that pointed me in the right direction!

PS: I've managed to resolve an earlier issue I described with the HD4600 and having any external displays connected on boot; By default, my machine will use one of the external displays as the "Primary" display during the BIOS boot and Clover bootloader screens (and disable the internal laptop/LVDS display); If I allow OSX to continue booting with the external set as the primary display, the system will only boot halfway then restart the computer.
However, if I simply change the display to use my internal laptop screen instead (by pressing FN+F8) during the BIOS boot or Clover screen, and continue to boot now with the internal laptop display enabled, then the system will not restart and it will boot into OSX with all three screens working!

I had no idea FN+F8 even worked during the BIOS boot (thought it was OS-dependant) so I was pleasantly surprised to learn this and resolve this rather annoying issue! Hope that helps anyone else experiencing the same problem!

Last edited:
Hi RehabMan

I've been playing around for the last few weeks getting a hackintosh running successfully on my I7 desktop with an Intel HD4600 igfx, qe/ci all working.

But I'm having no luck with my ASUS n550jk laptop.
I7 4700HQ CPU with integrated Intel HD4600 and Nvidia GTX 850m (disabled nv_disable=1)
I get lines flashing across the screen going from logging in to desktop (transparency issues i think), and About This Mac says I have Intel HD Graphics 4600 7MB.

No qe/ci is working and it appears the graphics is running in a compatibility mode.

See attached zip containing ioreg, efi/clover and kext cache - hope I have included everything

Many thanks

Attachments

• asus n550jk.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 69
Hi RehabMan

I've been playing around for the last few weeks getting a hackintosh running successfully on my I7 desktop with an Intel HD4600 igfx, qe/ci all working.

But I'm having no luck with my ASUS n550jk laptop.
I7 4700HQ CPU with integrated Intel HD4600 and Nvidia GTX 850m (disabled nv_disable=1)
I get lines flashing across the screen going from logging in to desktop (transparency issues i think), and About This Mac says I have Intel HD Graphics 4600 7MB.

No qe/ci is working and it appears the graphics is running in a compatibility mode.

See attached zip containing ioreg, efi/clover and kext cache - hope I have included everything

Many thanks

You are dropping too many SSDTs. Dropping the SSDT that defines the GFX0 device breaks clover graphics injection. As a result, FakeID and ig-platform-id settings in config.plist don't work.

See guide for correct config.plist: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

And for patching ACPI (and using DropOem properly), see ACPI patching guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Back