Contribute
Register

[FIX] HD4200/HD4400/HD4600/HD5600 on 10.11+

You do need this:
- digital connection to monitor (VGA not supported)
- VT-d disabled in BIOS (or use dart=0 kernel flag)
- 64mb IGPU memory set (DVMT-prealloc) in BIOS
- IGPU primary
- make sure you're not dropping OEM SSDTs (IGPU is sometimes defined in an SSDT)

Hey RehabMan!
Thank you for your answer! I tried DVI and HDMI, both have the same symptoms. VT-d is disabled, 64M is set. IGPU is primary. I even loaded BIOS setup defaults (and set the few parameters like disable VT-d, Profile1 Memory, disable FastBoot, IGPU primary of course). No boot either. BIOS is the newest stable release: F9.
I currently recreate the USB installer and try a fresh unibeast-drive. But I don't think it's going to be a difference.
Where's my problem? ;(

Thanks!
Dogman

I'm certain I already provided feedback on the EFI/Clover you provided earlier.

Your ID don't work... i installed the system new with 100% you guide and it doesn't boot with the Fake ID.

Your ID don't work... i installed the system new with 100% you guide and it doesn't boot with the Fake ID.

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Here're the diagnostic reports you suggested I collect. Have included patchmatic, boot.log & IOReg reports along with my Clover directory files. Hope this will give you some clue.

Looking forward to your response.

Attachments

• bootlog.log.txt
    19.6 KB · Views: 191
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 66
  • Mustafizur’s iMac.ioreg
    2.2 MB · Views: 91
  • RehabMan.zip
    24.1 KB · Views: 60
Here're the diagnostic reports you suggested I collect. Have included patchmatic, boot.log & IOReg reports along with my Clover directory files. Hope this will give you some clue.

Looking forward to your response.

QE/CI is working.

CPU power management is not implemented. You will find a power management guide for desktops.

Also IGPU PM not implemented (requires ACPI rename... GFX0->IGPU).

Further questions here off-topic, as this is the laptop forum.

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Here the requested Files :D
in boot with -v cpu is unknown model... thats the Problem ?
Hope you find a Solution...

Attachments

• IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 74
  • CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 65

Ok i change the platform ID to 0D220003 and my system starts up and HD4600 works with 1,5GB Vram...what can i do for my nvidia k1100 the system detect nvidia chip model...

One problem is easy to see. You have installed IntelBacklight.kext, but have not done the required ACPI patch ("Brightness Fix"). In fact, you have no patched ACPI at all.

Ok i change the platform ID to 0D220003 and my system starts up and HD4600 works with 1,5GB Vram...what can i do for my nvidia k1100 the system detect nvidia chip model...

I think you mean 0x0d220003.

The problem with using a desktop ig-platform-id is that you won't be able to get backlight control to work.

Is your display connected via eDP instead of the normal LVDS?

Nvidia is not supported in dual-GPU switched configurations (Optimus). More info in FAQ.

Back