Contribute
Register

[FIX] HD4200/HD4400/HD4600/HD5600 on 10.11+

"The purpose of this guide is to provide a step-by-step guide to installing El Capitan/Yosemite on the ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook equipped with Intel graphics."

That guide about installation.
So, do you recommend to reinstall everything ?
When the system worked fine I had MacOS and Windows in one drive, the same like from that link.
Do you really mean, that is the only one way to fix problem ?

"The purpose of this guide is to provide a step-by-step guide to installing El Capitan/Yosemite on the ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook equipped with Intel graphics."

That guide about installation.
So, do you recommend to reinstall everything ?
When the system worked fine I had MacOS and Windows in one drive, the same like from that link.
Do you really mean, that is the only one way to fix problem ?

The guide covers both install and post-install.
If you follow it, your graphics will be working correctly.

The guide covers both install and post-install.
If you follow it, your graphics will be working correctly.

Many thanx RehabMan,
I'll definatelly try to reanimate my laptop with that guide.
There's one more question.
I'm not sure what to do with kexts, which were installed, most important video and audio.
If I remove video I couldn't perform all of these tricks.
All of my kexts describe couple post ago, do I need to do something before applying your manual, or they are will be ignored ?

I'm not sure what to do with kexts, which were installed, most important video and audio.
If I remove video I couldn't perform all of these tricks.
All of my kexts describe couple post ago, do I need to do something before applying your manual, or they are will be ignored ?

Follow the guide as written. If you have done things not in the guide, start over.

Follow the guide as written. If you have done things not in the guide, start over.
Hi RehabMan,
I've performed steps from that guide 3 times, so what I got
I have the config.plist which is looks correct, and few patched files and kexts for loading.
Now in normal loading the screen is fading to black the same like before, but safe mode gets correct screen dimension and video memory 1.5Gb which is looks correct as well.
I've tried to turn off all HD kexts installed before via SR Tools, but it didn't help.
Well, I'm stuck again on previous point and all my guess switches have no affect.
Attached video shows loading process.

Attachments

• loading_video.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 91
Hi RehabMan,
I've performed steps from that guide 3 times, so what I got
I have the config.plist which is looks correct, and few patched files and kexts for loading.
Now in normal loading the screen is fading to black the same like before, but safe mode gets correct screen dimension and video memory 1.5Gb which is looks correct as well.
I've tried to turn off all HD kexts installed before via SR Tools, but it didn't help.
Well, I'm stuck again on previous point and all my guess switches have no affect.
Attached video shows loading process.

I don't know what you're trying to show with the video.
Please state the problem clearly.

I don't know what you're trying to show with the video.
Please state the problem clearly.
If I use verbose or normally mode in clover within downloading screen turns black, but system seems like continue work, the same like I wrote few posts above

Hey everyone
I have a laptop HP probook 430 G2 with HD4400 and EI Capitan.
Installation was very simple, without any hard errors, and video worked fine.
In a few month after one of updates HD had down.
Then were many dancing with kexts, clover's fixes, ig-platform-id, permissions fixes, etc. with no results.
At this moment it works with ig-platform-id 0x0d220003 and 3Mb video.
BTW any kind of ig-platform-id I had load with the same memory 3Mb (0x0d220003, 0xa260006, 0xa260005, 0xa260000, 0xa160000, 0xa2e0008, 0xa2e000a)
I'm not so strong with all of these manipulations and don't know what to do else with it.
I have saved image of that system after first installation, but it's too much to replace the whole system, instead of fix video.
I'll be very appreciated if could someone suggests something to fix that problem
Attached video shows that
If I could get this log, I'll attach it like a text file.
Likely it helps, but screen turns black and I can do nothing.
What should I check to fix that problem ?
This guide is very helpful https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/
I've made everything from there 3 times and seems like need to do something else (delete some kexts, switch some key in clover etc.) because now safe mode loads normally with perfect resolution and video memory.
So how to understand what needs to do to get good video in normally loading mode ?

Back