Contribute
Register

[FIX] HD4200/HD4400/HD4600/HD5600 on 10.11+

Hi! I just did my first hackintosh. All went well, except Audio and Graphics. What bothers me are the Graphics. It says I only use 7 MB. I did the 2 kext installations from post #1 and I also changed my EFI/Clover/config.plist , but nothing seemed to work. What happens is that because of the config.plist for HD 4400 when i restart my system the boot options in Clover disappear and I can't boot and Clover menu turns into (sometimes gray, sometimes blue).
Thank you very much.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"

Also..

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Then you must have installed something to your system partition wrongly.

Try safe mode, without caches, etc.

Hi again.
After last night failure to enable hd4400 i installed again the OS X 10.11.3 from the scratch with unibeast installer. Finally i followed your guide step by step and now i have fully working graphics.
Thanks a lot for your guide and your help.

This is the IOReg file. Also I meant that the Clover is UEFI.

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.7 MB · Views: 71
I recently changed the config.plist, the one that gave me the problems was this one.
One more thing.. The ig-platform-id should be 0x0a260006 right?

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.9 KB · Views: 191
I recently changed the config.plist, the one that gave me the problems was this one.

This config.plist looks correct. Define 'the problems'.

Every time I boot the system with that correct config.plist, when I get to Clover UEFI boot menu, there is no boot option, like no OS X El Capitan boot option.

Solved! Thanks for concerning, the bug was that ig-platform-id which I miswritten it. What I would like to ask for help is with my Audio and Battery Status. Can i please get some tips? Can you point me out where to look?

Back