Contribute
Register

[FIX] HD4200/HD4400/HD4600/HD5600 on 10.11+

Check in Windows to see if your display is connected via eDP.
eDP is not supported very well..

Having a look for this in the Intel Graphics Control Panel, select display only shows built in display. Cant find option to show eDP or LVDS. Can this be found in device manager ?

Having a look for this in the Intel Graphics Control Panel, select display only shows built in display. Cant find option to show eDP or LVDS. Can this be found in device manager ?

There is an option that generates a text file...

There is an option that generates a text file...

Found it hidden away, connector type is Embedded Display Port.

eDP.PNG

It is best to have Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge, Haswell, or Broadwell, Skylake or Kaby Lake.

Note on Samsung Laptops and eDP displays

It seems many Samsung laptops have an eDP connection to the laptop LCD, instead of the more common LVDS. The drivers in OS X for HD3000 and HD4000 do not support eDP. So avoid such Samsung laptops or at least verify whether it is eDP or not.

Evidently there is support for eDP in the HD5000 (HD4400/HD4600) OS X drivers, so eDP on Haswell (or later?) systems should be better supported. Current experience shows that eDP is problematic.

OS X has some support, hence why I have native desktop graphics acceleration QE/CI with ig-platform-ig 0x0d22000.
Though the OS X support is not 100% great.

OS X has some support, hence why I have native desktop graphics acceleration QE/CI with ig-platform-ig 0x0d22000.
Though the OS X support is not 100% great.

The "support" you refer to treats it is as one of the connectors that is supported (HDMI, DP, LVDS, etc), which is probably the root of the problem. Maybe there is a simple patch, but I don't know of anyone that has created one.

slight watery wave effect using 0x0d220003, so it is not perfect

The desktop graphics with 0x0d220003 are not perfect but are perfectly usable and provide transparent menu bar and dock.

The desktop graphics with 0x0d220003 are not perfect but are perfectly usable and provide transparent menu bar and dock.

But you won't be able to implement important laptop features such as brightness control...

Back