i7-8700
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there,
I'd like to submit a wish for the next version.

It's purely cosmetic, but its gets annoying me:

My Graphics Card (HD 5870) Underscans the boot loader screen and also the Verbose log, when it boots.

I went through hell to patch my VBIOS so that i have my native screen Resolution as a VESA Mode, and now i can't get fullscreen because of this. :cry:

From what i've read all ATi Cards under scan in VESA mode, if the connection is either HDMI or DVI.

I don't know if it is possible to adjust the degree of underscan by a parameter, or if another VBIOS patch is needed, but would be happy if you worked this out...

greets

langweiler94

This worked for me
i plugged both dvi and hdmi into my monitor and 5850 video card.disconnected the dvi and left the hdmi in and went to preferences then displays and then turned underscan off.then pluged the dvi into video card and monitor and voila it worked.

Bumping to say I have described this issue in some detail here:

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=41796

Same as OP, I also went through the painstaking process of patching my VBIOS to set 1920x1080 as a VESA mode only to be disappointed by finding black borders still around my boot screen. The VESA has definitely changed to 1920x1080 so it is some sort of HDMI underscan issue. HD 6970.

Would be great if a fix was possible. Is there a default HDMI underscan setting in the VBIOS we could change/clear?

An option in the Chameleon/Chimera .plist would also solve this if it's possible:

<key>Underscan</key>
<string>No</string>

or

<key>Underscan</key>
<string>0%</string>

or

<key>Overscan</key>
<string>20%</string>

Same problem with my 5870 i have the dreaded border -.- im using dvi and my only other option without using converters is to use DisplayPort so i guess ill have to track down a cable or buy one it would be a shame if it still didnt work tho has anyone else tried it? oh while im here i dont know if we can find this in a ati bios but in this thread he fixed the problem by editing his nvidia bios... viewtopic.php?f=15&t=52745

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back