Contribute
Register

Fix for OpenCL crash with GK110B based cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi MacAndor.. os x 10.9.3 stable just got released :) could you kindly release the hex string for that man :) damn apple has not fix the damn opencl bug yet again.. dont get why they are doing so.. instead of focusing their damn power to make mavericks stable and great they instead going to release yet another ****y os x (10.10) that would look like ios 7 woow soon im going back to windows and the hell of virus and malware what a shame.. :(

Hi,

I will do the patch as soon as I have time (about tomorrow night), thanx for the notification. :)

Thanks for the great work. I just installed Maverick 10.9.3 and I saw that nvidia released a new web driver: NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.9.3 (334.01.01f01)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...e-graphics-drivers-10-9-3-334-01-01f01-6.html

So, I gave it a try and worked great!!. OpenCl is working. I tested on preview, works as well then, I tested with OpenCL OceanWave. Here are the results:
Screen Shot 2014-05-21 at 11.11.50 AM.png

Before I did was use Lyn as a default image viewer instead preview.

The updated NVIDIA Web Drivers fixes it for me also.

@ninja_squirrel Do you have issues with HDCP? I noticed we have the same CPU and similar cards. Just curious.

Today I installed 10.9.3 and the alternate Graphics Drivers by NVIDIA. Everything works fine for me and I don't need to fix OpelCL anymore. Thanks for the suggestion! My card is a GTX 760 from MSI.
Regards, m4rkus95 :thumbup:

EDIT: It seems like, that I have problems with HDCP, too! :problem:

I haven't had chance to test it. I don't have a dvd or blue ray drive. I haven't purchase any movies from iTunes. I have an Apple display 27" with a mini display port connected to the NVIDIA GTX 780 display port through a mini display to display port adapter. It seems this monitor is HDCP compliant since it uses mini display port. When I connect the monitor directly to the thunderbolt port works with some problems.
I cannot connect the monitor to the motherboard because I don't have the DVI to Mini DisplayPort Converter. Eventually I would like to have the intel GPU working with the NVIDIA GTX 780 GPU together.
How did set up your system?
What kid of issues do you have with HDCP?

So, I gave it a try and worked great!!. OpenCl is working. I tested on preview, works as well then, I tested with OpenCL OceanWave. Here are the results:
View attachment 93508

Just a note... unless you use the Quartz Debug application to set "BeamSync=Disable" you will get really low scores with that app.

Hey...quick question...I've followed your guide to the letter---but when I go to codesign the OpenCL files, the system hangs---not a total lockup, just things like activity monitor wont run (icons bounce in the dock, but app wont load), and it seems to be taking forever to finish the codesign---how long should it be taking to codesign the opencl file?

NM....I had turned off the CSConfigDotMac agent in Lingon. Works great---thanks!

Im not happy with latest 10.9.4 update because it dose not fix the pm problem with my gtx 680 so i have to install nvididas latest WebDriver-334.01.01f01 and that driver get my GPU from 36c to 42c at ideal in 10.9.3 so that is another problem there..

I think i going to stick with your opencl fix man.. could you pls post a the right string for 10.9.4 or is there no changes for opencl and same string works like in 10.9.3... thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back