Contribute
Register

Fix for OpenCL crash with GK110B based cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks man! I was about selling the 780 after reading other threads!
with your fix my WS is now working very smooth with 10.9.1!

I also tried upgrading to 10.9.2 and running the NVIDIA drivers for the B chipset they released recently, but the OpenCl was still crashing.
I downgraded again to 10.9.1 , applied this fix and now everything's working fine!

Thankyou! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

I haven't read any recent developments in this thread, so maybe somebody mentioned it already, but:

There seems to be new WebDrivers released by NVidia for 10.9.2, and new Cuda too.

I haven't done thorough testing yet, but it seems it works for me now after updating to 10.9.2 (and re-installing the audio and trim-patch with Multibeast) using the WebDrivers and new Cuda.

Here's a link to the post where they found the drivers. http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...vers-10-9-x-mavericks-found-9.html#post771680
It's the one on the top. 331.01.01f01.

I installed that .pkg (reboot) and went to System Preferences -> Cuda Preferences, and installed the Cuda update (5.5.47). Then I used the NVidia Driver Manager (or the menubar thing) to switch to WebDrivers (it defaults to OS X default drivers after installing). Another reboot. Then it wanted to update to 331.01.01f02, and I said go ahead. (Didn't find that version in the forums, or any version on NVidia website.)

Now OpenCL works for me. I hope. I will post again, if something doesn't work...

I did that and looks like is working. Im using GTX 670 with 377k. Thank you!

If the update 10.9.3 came one day do I need to redo it before update or do it again after update if there will be no fix in update?
Another words will the update overwrite this?

Here's how to find out :geek:

1. wait for the update to be released
  2. update your machine
  3. use a program like luxmark to see if you can run OpenCL on your gpu

If you cannot use your GPU the patch is still in effect.
If you can use your GPU run the benchmark.
If the clockspeed is stuck then it didn't fix the problem and you need to re apply the patch :banghead:
If the clockspeed goes down it has been fixed. Horray!:headbang:

OK Thanks. so its overwriting it self and I'm afraid fix will have to be redone-hope not.

ok, so if I read the thread right means that rev B (in my case Asus GTX 780) cards will only work on 10.9.1 with latest nvidia web driver which is 330.01.01f2?

I have 10.9.2 installed and latest nor previous web drivers don't do the trick for me (nvda_drv=1 enabled). Every time I use final cut and need to convert or use optical flow in slow motion it just freezes. Luxmark freezes computer as well.

Can't get my Asus GTX780 to work. I tried on 10.9.1 and 10.9.2 using 331.01.01f01 and f02 with boot flag nvda_drv=1, but OpenCL apps still crash. Plz help...

Finally got round to updating to 10.9.2 (from 10.9.1). Installed 331.01.01f02 drivers, switched to web drivers and rebooted. OpenCL works, but (not hugely to my surprise) my GPU clock speed freezes at 953MHz and I have to reboot to bring it back down to normal again. Had to re-apply the OpenCL patch. I guess I can technically use OpenCL, but if the clock speed gets stuck after opening even Preview.app, it's not really much of a solution. Alas, must persevere without. :(

Hi MacAndor.. os x 10.9.3 stable just got released :) could you kindly release the hex string for that man :) damn apple has not fix the damn opencl bug yet again.. dont get why they are doing so.. instead of focusing their damn power to make mavericks stable and great they instead going to release yet another ****y os x (10.10) that would look like ios 7 woow soon im going back to windows and the hell of virus and malware what a shame.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back