Contribute
Register

Fix for OpenCL crash with GK110B based cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch, that didn't work. Now when I login, the screen flashes and everything crashes. I can't even open anything cause finder crashes over and over. Urk

I get errors like, "the OpenCL plugin failed, mail closed."

GraphicsEnabler=Yes doesn't work, nor does safe mode. I can't revert because I placed my backup on another drive.

Ouch, that didn't work. Now when I login, the screen flashes and everything crashes. I can't even open anything cause finder crashes over and over. Urk

I get errors like, "the OpenCL plugin failed, mail closed."

GraphicsEnabler=Yes doesn't work, nor does safe mode. I can't revert because I placed my backup on another drive.

Boot with -s and try to reach the external drive at this path /Volumes/...

The flashing happens when you miss a step, probably codesigning.

Hello Folks,

Ok. First, let me explain something. Follow these instructions to the letter. Don't get all fancy and think you're going to back up the original file in some directory called, "I am so awesome - screw instructions!" Just do the backup using the terminal command as described by MacAndor.

I know right now you're scoffing and are all like, "Shut your pie hole Crazylegs, I'll do what I want!", but I'm telling you....do it!

Why you ask?

The reason is that because if MacAndor wasn't the super amazing person he is, I would have been stuck with a Hackintosh that's only use would be to place it behind my car on the highway as hazard lights, or perhaps a sweet disco light for my party (with no music cause my computer didn't work).

MacAndor spent over an hour with me in a one-on-one chat just helping me fix my own stupid mistake. To me, that is the sign of someone who is a real stand-up person. Not only did he provide a fix for a problem a lot of people have, but also supported it more than most would ever think to.

And on top of that, he wouldn't accept anything in return.

So, listen to me closely. Follow these instructions to the tee, and also make sure that you let him, and everyone know that MacAndor is awesome and deserves all the credit for being the first one to solve this issue.

Thank you so very, very much MacAndor. I appreciate everything you did to get me back up and running. *bows*

CLM

Hello Folks,

Ok. First, let me explain something. Follow these instructions to the letter.

Indeed giving credit where credit is due, for me even if this doesn't concern me I like to take the time to read as I did with Post#1. Its great to admit to a mistake, as all of us do. From jumping to a solution from a problem without posting the equation gives others no remedy to help others.

Great work BTW!

I see that Apple has real eased the 10.9.2 beta to developers and it says, "Apple continues to ask developers to focus on mail, messages, graphics drivers, VoiceOver, VPN, and SMB2. The second beta of OS X 10.9.2 began allowing Mac users to block people on iMessage and FaceTime, as can be done in iOS 7."

I wonder if we will see support for the cards...

Here is the link to the article

Whoops I just read the rules again and I see that we can't discuss prerelease builds or developer builds. Sorry...:oops:

Thanks for your work. Your modification disables all OpenCL GPU. This means that programs using OpenCL will only use CPU. And where there is a possibility that either specify an external graphics card simply does not support OpenCL instead of a ban on its use.
Then OCL will be handled internal GPU.

Hello MacAndor!

Can we use this patch to fixing bug on cards like GTX 650ti... Problem here is that if we use preview app (quick preview on JPG) gfxcard frequency freezes on high frequency and wont drop anymore...

tnx...

Thanks for your work. Your modification disables all OpenCL GPU. This means that programs using OpenCL will only use CPU. And where there is a possibility that either specify an external graphics card simply does not support OpenCL instead of a ban on its use.
Then OCL will be handled internal GPU.

I'm not exactly sure what you say, but if you're asking: is it possible to only disable the GTX780 and still use the IGP with OpenCL?

The answer for that is it is possible but I won't do it. Here's the reason:
OpenCL gets GPU information from a library called libGFXShared. This is used by many other libraries and frameworks. It is not part of an open source project, so I cannot get valuable information on how it works. When the magical OpenCL GPU initialization happens, then it calls a gfxGetDevices function from this library and the return type of this is probably a pointer of a struct that I basically know nothing about. If I had a way of getting the GPU name from this struct, then it would still be hard but it would be possible to do.

Hello MacAndor!

Can we use this patch to fixing bug on cards like GTX 650ti... Problem here is that if we use preview app (quick preview on JPG) gfxcard frequency freezes on high frequency and wont drop anymore...

tnx...

Hi,

If the frequency freeze is cause by OpenCL then you could give it a shot, but I don't have any way to test that bug thus I can't guarantee it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back