Contribute
Register

Fix for OpenCL crash with GK110B based cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to get the hex for Yosemite 10.10.2. Believe it or not my GTX 780 with Nvidia Web Drivers still get stuck at full speed. :(

I just got my Gainward GTX 760 up and running natively on 10.10.3. However, whenever I play WoW everything seems fine in the first place until it crashes after a few minutes giving me an error message. I switched to the nvidia Web Drivers 346.01.02f04, which is the latest version. It didn't give me any performance boost or whatsoever. Seems to work just like the native drivers, but didn't fix my issue unfortunately. I thought the OpenCL fix would help, but since it's for Mavericks I haven't tried it yet.
Sys Def is iMac 14,1 btw. I recently changed to that when I was overclocking my CPU. Didn't experienced any issues with that.

Edit: I know this topic hasn't been discussed in a while, but any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 132
  • Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 18.50.15.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 18.50.15.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 154
This is probably not an OpenCL bug, please try to run LuxMark. If the GPU raytracing works, then you have OpenCL, otherwise, if it crashes please attach the crash report. Secondly World of Warcraft probably doesn't use OpenCL, so the stability issue might come from elsewhere, maybe from the iMac smbios settings, I don't know.

Good luck!

Thanks for your quick reply! It seems like it worked fine, however, if the rendered object is supposed to move while luxmark is doing its thing then something must have been wrong, because it didn't move at all. I'll try changing back to MacPro 3,1 to see if that helps.

Edit: changing to MacPro 3,1 didn't help either.. still crashes after a few seconds.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 19.42.48.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 19.42.48.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 171
I don't think it is movable in benchmark mode, but this sadly means you have a stability issue. I would start be testing other 3D games to check whether this is WoW only or something bigger. If Wow only then start playing with its settings.

Hope this helps, good luck

FYI, this method also works for Yosemite! (I've tested it on 10.10.5)

The trick is to search for 100F6C3057413 and replace it with 100F6C3007413. After restart, all the OpenCL apps work like magic.

Thank you very much, MacAndor for sharing this method.

I'm not a programmer, just curious about why 100F6C3057413 is something equivalent to 'if (x & 5)'.

@hyangyt
I am thinking of upgrading from ML to El Capitan.
Can I confirm that openCL works for you on 10.10 ?

If possible, please run Luxmark to check - just want to make sure openCL works, and its not just disabled.

FYI, this method also works for Yosemite! (I've tested it on 10.10.5)

The trick is to search for 100F6C3057413 and replace it with 100F6C3007413. After restart, all the OpenCL apps work like magic.

Thank you very much, MacAndor for sharing this method.

I'm not a programmer, just curious about why 100F6C3057413 is something equivalent to 'if (x & 5)'.

Could I confirm the status of GK110B cards with 10.9.5 ? With respect to both CUDA and openCL ? I hope that openCL no longer needs to be disabled :( I have to downgrade as I need some functionality in Cineform and FCP7 that is lost after 10.10
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back