Contribute
Register

Fix for OpenCL crash with GK110B based cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same problem. I got a Nvidia gtx 780, but not working on Maverick. I went back to Mountain Lion, preview and Adobe Premiere work fine. I am curios, is the problem with Maverick's way to handle open CL with the GK110B based cards or some other issues? Why is working in Mountain Lion and not Maverick? I know is a new card, eventually NVIDIA and Mac will update the drivers.

Well, Mountain Lion has the bug too, but much more built in apps and libraries load OpenCL in Mavericks so it is easier to trigger it there. Try LuxMark with 10.8, it should crash.

Yes, it crashed. Should I try to fix it with your tutorial for Maverick or is different way to do it for Mountain Lion? Well, At least preview works, I couldn't get to work on Maverick, that is the reason I installed back Mountain Lion.
In other hand, I think Open CL on Mac OS's is pretty buggy anyway.
Thanks for the info. :thumbup: I will follow this subject and see in the future I get it to work.

Yes, it crashed. Should I try to fix it with your tutorial for Maverick or is different way to do it for Mountain Lion? Well, At least preview works, I couldn't get to work on Maverick, that is the reason I installed back Mountain Lion.
In other hand, I think Open CL on Mac OS's is pretty buggy anyway.
Thanks for the info. :thumbup: I will follow this subject and see in the future I get it to work.

Try to do the guide with these hex values (assuming you are using 10.8.5)
Code:
 Search: E852BE0100F6C3057413
Replace: E852BE0100F6C3007413

Other steps should be the same.
I couldn't try this so don't forget to backup and please report back!

I would like to try this fix.. using mavericks 10.9.2 but dont think im really good at terminal.. i have gtx 680 Vendor10deDevice1180 dont really know what and where to find the right string for 10.9.2 ang my gpu to replace..

I would like to try this fix.. using mavericks 10.9.2 but dont think im really good at terminal.. i have gtx 680 Vendor10deDevice1180 dont really know what and where to find the right string for 10.9.2 ang my gpu to replace..

• Sharing info related to beta OS releases is not allowed, I will put up a patch for 10.9.2 when it is officially released.
  • The patch is GPU independent, meaning it can be applied regardless what GPU you have.
  • What is the problem with the GTX680? Could be a different bug.

oh right sorry about that.. it still beta true that hehe... anyway they problem is like the rest opencl making gpu frequency locked and getting my gpu 15c more then using it in 10.8.5 where its around 30-32c and its so annoying to hear the gpu fan spin faster around 52c when the bug starts in mavericks

Hi, noob hear, is it possible if you can post screenshot of how to enable opencl. am all new to this. cheers

oh right sorry about that.. it still beta true that hehe... anyway they problem is like the rest opencl making gpu frequency locked and getting my gpu 15c more then using it in 10.8.5 where its around 30-32c and its so annoying to hear the gpu fan spin faster around 52c when the bug starts in mavericks

OK, then this could fix your problem by disabling OpenCL, however you will have to wait until official 10.9.2 release or downgrade to 10.9.1.

Hi, noob hear, is it possible if you can post screenshot of how to enable opencl. am all new to this. cheers

Sorry, this thread is about disabling OpenCL on cards that support it but have problems with it. If you think you're here for the right reason then please describe your situation a bit better in more detail.

Further question for GTX650Ti/GTX660Ti owners, when you use OpenGL (not CL) then doesn't it get stuck on high freq?

I am using the GT640, I found it is also stuck on high freq, 1GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back