Contribute
Register

Fix for OpenCL crash with GK110B based cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! my fault... didn't make proper patching...

Guess! WORKING! no more stuck at high frequency! after i make preview of JPG frequency goes to high but after one second drops down!

So i can confirm that this patch works on GTX 650ti probably on all other affected cards!

THANK YOU! MacAndor!

Hey! my fault... didn't make proper patching...

Guess! WORKING! no more stuck at high frequency! after i make preview of JPG frequency goes to high but after one second drops down!

So i can confirm that this patch works on GTX 650ti probably on all other affected cards!

THANK YOU! MacAndor!

LOL, didn't plan on fixing that, but there ya go :D

I confirm, stuck frequencies on my 660 TI are gone. Good work thx!

LOL, didn't plan on fixing that, but there ya go :D

I read on one Russian forum - they already tested your patch... and they find
with this patch LuxMark wont work (uses OpenCL) but if they patch same offset with "01" they get it to work?!?!

Can you investigate that? and if i understand well frequency wont drop after LuxMark.

I read on one Russian forum - they already tested your patch... and they find
with this patch LuxMark wont work (uses OpenCL) but if they patch same offset with "01" they get it to work?!?!

Can you investigate that?

Well yeah, that was kinda the point of this patch cause cards based on GK110B are like "kinda supported" but anything to do with OpenCL crashes. My patch disables OpenCL GPU support.

Sadly I don't have a GTX650Ti nor a GTX660Ti, so I can't test it.

Well yeah, that was kinda the point of this patch cause cards based on GK110B are like "kinda supported" but anything to do with OpenCL crashes. My patch disables OpenCL GPU support.

Sadly I don't have a GTX650Ti nor a GTX660Ti, so I can't test it.

Yea... i was wondering the same... =/

Generally on gtx650ti all is working except that sticking frequency after using preview.
I hope that somehow preview apk can be patched to don't use opencl for image viewing.

And i think that that is not problem for gtx650 it's general problem for all cards.

You can test that also by your self on your card.

Yea... i was wondering the same... =/

Generally on gtx650ti all is working except that sticking frequency after using preview.
I hope that somehow preview apk can be patched to don't use opencl for image viewing.

And i think that that is not problem for gtx650 it's general problem for all cards.

You can test that also by your self on your card.

Well, I did when I was researching and Preview fallbacks to CPU OpenCL (according to a method called +[FEContext createCPUContextWithOptions:]). So for some image formats it will use OpenCL no matter what.

I seems like a driver issue (probably power management) for the GTX650Ti (or maybe generally speaking the GTX6xxTi) cards. Frequencies are not stuck for me.

Just for the fun of it, i tested the patch with 01 instead of 00 with the GTX780 and it doesn't work, the usual OpenCL crashes come back once again...

It is probably means something different for the GTX6xxTi series but as I said earlier, I can't test that.

Just a caution to people using this patch to fix frequency ramping issues, you are making a huge tradeoff in doing so. Sure you stop your card from being stuck at high frequency but you are also completely disabling OCL GPU support which will significantly impact the performance of many apps. Really it seems like having the card running at a high frequency is the lesser of the two evils and unless you have a really heat limited setup, it should not even matter. Remember running at a high frequency does not mean you are running at a high load. They are different and real heat and power loss issues happen at high frequency high load (and by the way if there is a load present you probably are doing something you want to have a fast GPU for).

Further i think the issue is more related to AGPM.kext and has been an ongoing discussion. So again, bad idea to use this patch for this issue unless you have a very specific reason to do so.

g\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back